The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › Chief Screaming Chicken
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chief Screaming Chicken (Read 949 times)
raalongi
Bat Neighbor

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Chief Screaming Chicken
02/14/06 at 11:19pm

I was told that Chief Screaming Chicken in the eoisodes "An Egg Groges in Gothem/An Egg Foes in Gothem" was not an original character.  Edward Everet Horton played an indian with the same name on the F Troop TV series.  Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

If this is true, it would be impossible for the two series to cross over.  F -Troop took place during the Civil War (1860's).  Batman took place in the 1960's.  This had to be a blunder on the part of Dozier & Co.!!!

Any other thoughts or opinions on this? 

IP Logged

Lee Kirkham
Bat Moderator

Who's that little old
man?

Gilbert, AZ
Re: Chief Screaming Chicken
Reply #1 - 02/14/06 at 11:24pm

Actually, Horton's character on F Troop was "Medicine Man Roaring Chicken." Similiar, but not the same.

Lee Kirkham leekirkham http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543108907 lee_kirkham BudUgly  
IP Logged

epaddon
Bat Board Contributor

Classic Batman Fan (And
also under Siren's spell!)

New Jersey
Reply #2 - 02/15/06 at 12:00am

Even if the name were exactly the same it wouldn't be a blunder in the universe of Batman anymore than the fact that Colonel Klink could pop out of the window in another episode.  Grin

epaddon  
IP Logged

CatfanBogota archive
Crusader

I Love The Catwoman and
the Carrie Kelley Robin!

Apalachin, New York, USA
Reply #3 - 02/15/06 at 7:53am

epaddon wrote on 02/15/06 at 12:00am:
Even if the name were exactly the same it wouldn't be a blunder in the universe of Batman anymore than the fact that Colonel Klink could pop out of the window in another episode.  Grin

This is true.  After all, the Klink character was on another show set 20-25 years prior to Batman—and on another network, too!

WWW CatfanBogota archive CatfanBogota archive gothamcatfan CatfanBogota  
IP Logged

Caped Crusader
Bat Resident

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 02/15/06 at 10:44am

And leave us not forget Edward Everett Horton's wonderful voice work in "Fractured Fairy Tales"

"Once upon a time..."   Cheesy

Yeah, once upon a time, they had great cartoons....

Joe

IP Logged

Chief OHara
Busy Bat

Begorrah!

O-H-I-O
Reply #5 - 02/15/06 at 9:04pm

h.JPG (Attachment deleted)
algerd4  
IP Logged

HONK
Gothamite

Rock City
Reply #6 - 02/15/06 at 9:16pm

I don't think including WWII references is all that much of a stretch.  The first Bat serial and the Adam West show were 23 years apart.

Plenty of people were proposing that Adam play the Batman role for the movie in 1989, which would put the 1966 adventures in the same continuity as the 1989 film - again, 23 years apart.

I wrote several stories that presuppose that the 40's movie serials take place in Adam West's Batverse.  I entirely avoided offering any explanation for the period discrepancies, except for one conversation between Col. Klink and the Dr. Daka:

The bald man became very animated. "Nein! Those were lies! No soldiers ever escaped from Stalag 13! Not one! I will not be held responsible for fabrications flamed by scurrilous rumors!"

"No insult was intended. Be assured that few even recall those old tales. How many years has it been now since the Allies prematurely declared victory?"

The caller regarded the ceiling as he tried to remember. "It seems like the distant past, but Robin the Boy Wonder has not yet grown to manhood, so it cannot have been that long.

"I will tell you the real reason for the Boy Wonder’s seeming eternal youth."

"Yes, yes, I’m well aware of your ‘dynamic duplicates’ theory. Haven’t you ever considered that perhaps Batman employs some manner of stunted dwarf in his missions?"

Great...Scott!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print