The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › The Best Batgirl Trap
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print
The Best Batgirl Trap (Read 93789 times)
1B1G
Aluminum Member

Don't foget to duck

Ontario CANADA
Re: The Best Batgirl Trap
Reply #60 - 09/10/07 at 11:39pm

I've been rereading some of these post and we have forgot one thing. What lead up to her getting caught. We have been joing in halfway through. If it was not a ploy then can it be called a trap, or just bad luck. Catwiskers if a trap. It was planned,
Catwoman taking out the sparkplug, The bad guys tieing Batgirl up, Catwoman explanning the wiskers in the heat, ect.
Any one else, help me out.

IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #61 - 09/11/07 at 7:41am

"I've been rereading some of these post and we have forgot one thing. What lead up to her getting caught. We have been joing in halfway through. If it was not a ploy then can it be called a trap, or just bad luck."

All of the traps I remember were planned the villain's (esses) explanation of their diabolical devices was one of the staples of the show.

sometimes ther were encounters but no traps these usually took place mid episode except for the fear gas trap which was at the end. So if the criminals weren't prepared they usually fled.

There was one time when Batgirl encountered Penguin and his goons in the street and he just gassed her and left her. this was a no trap.

Shame used fear gas after the terrific trio won the fight to turn the tables and kidnapped Batgirl for insurance but alas he failed to place her in a trap

Egghead use eggs laid by hens which had eaten nothing but onions for 6 months to evade the terrific trio.
I think Joker may have used sneezing powder to evade the dynamic duo. Catwoman's cat delivered a dose of catatonic to KO Robin and then capitalised on Batman's reaction to help out his old chum, and thus she evaded capture.

It's irrelevant whether there was a ploy or not in the capture the death traps were always planned. In Joker's flying saucer Batgirl was apprehended coming through a window (Joker said this we didn't see it) but strapped her on a rocket bound for outer space. it might have been a lucky capture, but a trap is neither more or less perilous because it was just down to luck.

it is however far better viewing to watch the arch criminals implement a plan to capture their Bat foes.

"There's never enough for two."

IP Logged

That_weirdo_Cage
Absolutely Batty

He's scared of Slender
Man.

U.S. Midwest
Reply #62 - 09/17/07 at 12:37am

More pictures of traps!  Why not?   Cheesy

Two Lundinium dungeons for 1 bat 1girl

Gagged by Shame.  Or did I do this one already?  See, I forget.  Oh well.

Why you shouldn't feed those chickens onions.

Pressure!

Careful with that sword, Olga!

Ooh, and now, after posting these pix, I read perilicious's last post.  Hmm.  Cage isn't posting traps, so much as peril, most of the time.  Traps and peril aren't the same thing!  Hmm.

Oh well.  It's close enough to being on topic....

Currently wearing:
1) Bat-Mite Underoos
2) Grumpy Pants
3) His Bat-anorak
4) Purple socks
5) Thinking Cap: second-hand & glitchy

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is ever absolutely so."
Sturgeon's Revelation: "90 percent of everything is crud."
IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #63 - 09/17/07 at 10:34am

"Traps and peril aren't the same thing!  Hmm."
No but they both make great viewing thank you.

"There's never enough for two."

IP Logged

DARKKNIGHT07
Bat Board Contributor

JLA

Reply #64 - 09/17/07 at 11:38am

She sure got tied up alot!

DK

IP Logged

BatgirlFan
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 09/17/07 at 12:43pm

I was watching The Penguin's Clean Sweep and noticed something. Penguin had such a great chance to defeat Batgirl. When he knocked Batgirl out with his umbrella gas all he had to do to finish her off was take out an infected dollar bill and rub it on her face and she would have been put to sleep for years.

IP Logged

egghead
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #66 - 09/17/07 at 3:52pm

the best traps/perils are still the cossack sabre dance and the caviar dunk from the ogg couple. Any chance we can see from pics of that one cage?

those traps are great; it's too bad you've never seen any of the female fans dressed as batgirl on here do there version of the cossack sabre dance.

IP Logged

1B1G
Aluminum Member

Don't foget to duck

Ontario CANADA
Reply #67 - 09/17/07 at 11:02pm

egghead wrote on 09/17/07 at 3:52pm:
the best traps/perils are still the cossack sabre dance and the caviar dunk from the ogg couple. Any chance we can see from pics of that one cage?

those traps are great; it's too bad you've never seen any of the female fans dressed as batgirl on here do there version of the cossack sabre dance.

I tried, just can't handle getting stuck with a sword. Wink

IP Logged

1B1G
Aluminum Member

Don't foget to duck

Ontario CANADA
Reply #68 - 09/17/07 at 11:06pm

That_weirdo_Cage wrote on 09/17/07 at 12:37am:
More pictures of traps!  Why not?   Cheesy

Two Lundinium dungeons
Ooh, and now, after posting these pix, I read perilicious's last post.  Hmm.  Cage isn't posting traps, so much as peril, most of the time.  Traps and peril aren't the same thing!  Hmm.

Oh well.  It's close enough to being on topic....

Nailed it. Thats peril. The sudden stop, thats traped. Nothing more and nothing less. Now to disfuse the difference between a trap, an just bad luck.

IP Logged

That_weirdo_Cage
Absolutely Batty

He's scared of Slender
Man.

U.S. Midwest
Reply #69 - 09/18/07 at 12:03am

BatgirlFan mentioned the Penguin's umbrella gas in Clean Sweep....

Pengy really was a bit dense, for not taking advantage of his opportunity.  I'm glad he didn't!  There wasn't much to the third season after that, but I'd have hated to see Batgirl sleep through all of it.   Grin

Currently wearing:
1) Bat-Mite Underoos
2) Grumpy Pants
3) His Bat-anorak
4) Purple socks

IP Logged

That_weirdo_Cage
Absolutely Batty

He's scared of Slender
Man.

U.S. Midwest
Reply #70 - 09/18/07 at 12:06am

Some saber dancing for egghead.

Is she smiling in this one, or am I mistaken?

She looks like she's smiling in this one, too.  Ms. Craig, will you please stop laughing!

Currently wearing:
1) Bat-Mite Underoos
2) Grumpy Pants
3) His Bat-anorak
4) Purple socks

IP Logged

That_weirdo_Cage
Absolutely Batty

He's scared of Slender
Man.

U.S. Midwest
Reply #71 - 09/18/07 at 12:10am

Finally, a couple of caviar dunks for egghead.

Part 1: the grab (Is she smiling again?!?)

Part 2: the dunk

For most of these two traps, the figures aren't anywhere close to the foreground, so they're kind of smallish and not too well-defined in these captures.  Sequences like these are really better in motion... or, better still, on a REAL ACTUAL-FACTUAL DVD RELEASE!!  C'mon, warnerfoxdcpeople!  Release them!

Currently wearing:
1) Bat-Mite Underoos
2) Grumpy Pants
3) His Bat-anorak
4) Purple socks

IP Logged

egghead
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #72 - 09/18/07 at 1:16am

thank you for the pictures cage.

lol she does look like she's smiling while she is doing the sabre dance for olga and egghead. And in the picture where she's being carried by egghead to the caviar vat.

would the cossack sabre dance actually work in real life? it seems like it would depend on the dancer, wether or not she was willing to actually perform the dance.

IP Logged

That_weirdo_Cage
Absolutely Batty

He's scared of Slender
Man.

U.S. Midwest
Reply #73 - 09/18/07 at 1:35am

I'm actually unclear about the whole point of the saber dance, as a trap.  As a story device, it was a nice opportunity to let Yvonne show her skills.  As a trap, it doesn't seem so much like a threat as an endurance test, designed to exhaust her.  Toward the end of the sequence, she's stumbling and falling against the Cossacks, and they don't skewer her with the frosted swwwords, or slash at her or anything.  They just push her back into the dancing ring.  Perhaps because of the exhaustion, Batgirl was almost totally helpless in the caviar dunk.  But was the exhaustion the point of the dance?

Hmm.

Currently wearing:
1) Bat-Mite Underoos
2) Grumpy Pants
3) His Bat-anorak
4) Purple socks

IP Logged

egghead
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #74 - 09/18/07 at 1:44am

That_weirdo_Cage wrote on 09/18/07 at 1:35am:
I'm actually unclear about the whole point of the saber dance, as a trap.  As a story device, it was a nice opportunity to let Yvonne show her skills.  As a trap, it doesn't seem so much like a threat as an endurance test, designed to exhaust her.  Toward the end of the sequence, she's stumbling and falling against the Cossacks, and they don't skewer her with the frosted swwwords, or slash at her or anything.  They just push her back into the dancing ring.  Perhaps because of the exhaustion, Batgirl was almost totally helpless in the caviar dunk.  But was the exhaustion the point of the dance?

Hmm.

i think it is a good trap. like you said, it was made to show of yvonne craigs dancing skills. i think it wasnt so much meant as a death trap but as a means of humiliation for batgirl, olga and egghead making batgirl dance for them. although she looks scared when they tell her what there going to do to her, but during the dance itself she doesnt seem too worried. the point of it may have been to exaughst her, if tey always planned on dunking her in the caviar. but if that was there plan why did they wait till batman and robin showed up to dunk her? they always could have just tossed her in to begin with or made her walk the plank in to it or something. i think the dance is a good trap, i just am not sure if it could work in real life, if you could actually make someone do it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print