The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › Which Batman villain(s) had the hottest moll(s)?
Poll Poll
Question: Which Batman villain(s) had the hottest moll(s)?

Thank you for voting in this poll.
(The results however will remain hidden until all the votes have been counted.)

Total votes: 72
« Created by: Batushka on: 11/07/07 at 11:32am »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Which Batman villain(s) had the hottest moll(s)? (Read 14047 times)
K.G. Bird
Bat Resident

Member: Gotham City Film
Decency League

Philadelphia
Re: Which Batman villain(s) had the hottest moll(s
Reply #60 - 11/30/07 at 5:48pm

Lee Kirkham wrote on 11/07/07 at 11:42am:
For me, I'd have to say…

Molly (Riddler)

Susie (Joker)

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Lee, they are two very good choices: Jill St. John and Donna Loren--oh yes..they will do nicely.

"Really Dick, I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is...utterly...beyond..reproach".

IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #61 - 12/01/07 at 1:37am

Quote:
If this was so then why was not Lee Meriwether also asked to fill in for the Catwoman character in the TV series also?

The movie was shot in between the first and second season and after finishing McKenna's gold Julie returned as Catwoman for the second season. Why she didn't return for the 3rd season or why Lee wasn't cast I don't know.

I think there was some fan disappointment that Julie wasn't in the movie could that have made Lee reluctant to come back as Catwoman?

"There's never enough for two."

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #62 - 12/01/07 at 12:25pm

^^^Even some of the hottest molls here could have filled in temporarily the shoes of the white Catwoman! Oh well! Eartha Kitt was terrific as a bat-villainess but she was obviously a different Catwoman character altogether.
  Wink

Re: the villain's moll poll:

The word hottest in the question takes precedence over the (s) in the moll(s). The plurality is totally optional just in case the voter cannot break a tie in his mind as to who he considers the hottest moll.  Vote for the villain who has THE HOTTEST moll even though another bat-villain may have the hotter molls in totality. Quality takes precedence over quantity.

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #63 - 12/02/07 at 12:40pm

Since the bat is out of the bag already in another thread, the "blonde moll" is Yvonne craig in a blonde wig dancing the snake dance as "Luluwa" with a live snake in the 1973 pilot of the defective detective show "Jarrett" starring Glenn Ford that never became a full-blown TV series:

Classy lady, our Batgirl. She ain't afraid of snakes!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #64 - 12/02/07 at 12:45pm

For more of the forgotten blonde molls:

And the John Astin Riddler's moll with the puzzling name, Anna Gram:

IP Logged

epaddon
Bat Board Contributor

Classic Batman Fan (And
also under Siren's spell!)

New Jersey
Reply #65 - 12/02/07 at 10:58pm

perilicious wrote on 12/01/07 at 1:37am:
The movie was shot in between the first and second season and after finishing McKenna's gold Julie returned as Catwoman for the second season. Why she didn't return for the 3rd season or why Lee wasn't cast I don't know.

I think "MacKenna's Gold" was actually shot during the third season which was why Julie was unavailable then.   

epaddon  
IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #66 - 12/03/07 at 1:08am

form wikipedia
moll:A street term for women, sometimes prostitutes, but not necessarily, who congregate around and interact socially with crime figures or gangsters. This may be the origin of the term gun moll.
or Gun moll, the female companion of an American gangster.

Describing Yvonne as a moll threw me because I thought molls sided with criminals. subsequently I didn't consider Yvonne as a contender for your photo. If your interested I recall an article by High C from somewhere (Wowam?) describing the difference between molls and henchwomen.

My PC died recently so I lost the link to that site but it has been mentioned on this board before so if someone could relink me I'd be grateful.

IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #67 - 12/03/07 at 1:26am

Quote:
I think "MacKenna's Gold" was actually shot during the third season which was why Julie was unavailable then.   

The Batman movie was shot in 1966 (see Mark Racops Batman movie stills thread)
which is the year the first season was shot. Also I know Julie was unavailable for the movie because of Mckenna's Gold which must have also been a 1966 production. Therefore, Julie's unavailability for the third season must have been for another reason.

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #68 - 12/03/07 at 11:38am

Quote:
Describing Yvonne as a moll threw me because I thought molls sided with criminals.

It is irrelevant whether molls  and henchwomen are different. Terms evolve through time anyway. But I couldn't very well have said that the blonde girl in the picture was a bat-hero... that would have been a dead give away considering that she was not really wearing any mask and her face was there for all to see! I couldn't resist the moll description coz she looked like one of the molls of the villains with her blonde wig!

Hhmm...I wonder why so many of the molls were blondes? Because blondes have more evil fun?  Grin

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #69 - 12/03/07 at 11:49am

Quote:
The Batman movie was shot in 1966 (see Mark Racops Batman movie stills thread) 
which is the year the first season was shot. Also I know Julie was unavailable for the movie because of Mckenna's Gold which must have also been a 1966 production. Therefore, Julie's unavailability for the third season must have been for another reason.

Correction: McKenna's gold was a 1969 movie. According to the trivia on the Batman TV series here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059968/trivia

"Eartha Kitt took over the role of Catwoman in the final season because Julie Newmar was busy filming Mackenna's Gold (1969)."

It does not make sense that Julie Newmar was supposedly shooting McKenna's gold as you say in 1966 and yet was in the first and second seasons of Batman that was shot during the same time frame. It was actually during the third season where she was not available because of her involvement in that movie. 

I believe the reason for Lee Meriwether taking over the Catwoman role for its theatrical release was because the producers wanted to experiment with the Kitka storyline and the love angle with Bruce Wayne. Maybe the producers felt that Lee Meriwether made a better looking pair with Adam West on the bigger screen.

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #70 - 12/25/07 at 11:36am

Another hot moll by special request:

She's a big fan of the Surfer Joker  Grin !!!

IP Logged

HONK
Gothamite

Rock City
Reply #71 - 12/25/07 at 2:49pm

Burgess Meredith was in McKenna's Gold, but also appeared all over the movie and season 3, so I don't think McKenna's Gold was as much a deterrent to Julie appearing as the fact that the producers weren't planning to pay her nearly as much as the male villains

I'd vote for the Joker's Queenie, and Undine wouldn't be far behind

Great...Scott!

IP Logged

High C
Absolutely Batty

Still under the Siren's
spell

a subterranean grotto
Reply #72 - 12/25/07 at 3:30pm

perilicious wrote on 12/03/07 at 1:08am:
My PC died recently so I lost the link to that site but it has been mentioned on this board before so if someone could relink me I'd be grateful.

Here's the link, perilicious to the Womwam site and its listings of Bat-villainesses and molls:

http://womwam.net/rl/tv/60s/Batman/index.htm

WomWam's theory, BTW, is that the producers perhaps had a Marilyn Monroe fixation, and that's why so many of the henchmolls were blondes.

'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17

IP Logged

perilicious
Totally Batty

I Love The 1966 Batman!

New Zealand
Reply #73 - 12/26/07 at 2:07am

Thanks High C. Considering the calibre of the molls I can't really complain.

Quote:
Burgess Meredith was in McKenna's Gold, but also appeared all over the movie and season 3, so I don't think McKenna's Gold was as much a deterrent to Julie appearing as the fact that the producers weren't planning to pay her nearly as much as the male villains

Holy pay disparity Batman. considering Batgirl's TV commercial promting equal pay it shows the production team might have talked the talk but they couldn't walk the walk.

IP Logged

Batushka
Gothamite

Thinking in the bat of
an eye !!!

Reply #74 - 12/26/07 at 6:14am

HONK wrote on 12/25/07 at 2:49pm:

In fairness to the Batman TV series producers, though they had a reputation for being cost-cutting cheapos, I have yet to read the monetary factur as being quoted as the reason for Julie's not appearing in the third season of Batman.

The consensus seems to be that the film shooting of her major role in McKenna's Gold really just interfered with her commitment to the Batman series :

From  AHTrois Batman TV Almanac DECEMBER 14, 1967  entry in bat-trivia board:

"Catwoman's Dressed to Kill" (prod. #1717) first aired @ 7:30 p.m. (EDT)
     on ABC as the 108th episode of Batman:  

The first appearance of Eartha Kitt as Catwoman #3! She replaced Julie
     Newmar who at the time was filming her role of Hesh-Ke for the Columbia
     Picture Mackenna's Gold (which also featured Bat-guest villains Burgess
     Meredith and Eli Wallach).

(Burgess’ and Eli’s roles were relatively minor compared to Julie’s so it was no burden for them to have other projects at the same time).

“Eartha Kitt / Catwoman
Batman - Catwoman's Dressed to Kill

Really bizarre casting (Julie Newmar was filming McKenna's Gold) but excellent performances by EK”.  

“In the series, during the third season Julie Newmar decided to film a movie, McKenna's Gold so she was unavailable to be in the series. In steps Eartha Kitt to take the role of the feline foe. She appeared in three episodes.Alan Napier on Catwoman, " Julie Newmar was the best Catwoman, but Eartha Kitt was kind of marvelous. She did complain a lot on the set though."”

Hesh-Ke
“One of her more absurd roles --  to think she gave up CatWOman  to play an Indian savage paired with Lurch... Of course she still looks good, although the sneak-peek Playboy pics from the set aren't especially worth bidding for on E-Bay...”

“Kitt made only three appearances as Catwoman during the third season of televisions Batman series in the 1960's, while Newmar was shooting the western McKenna's Gold,”

This is a vidcap of Julie's role in McKenna's Gold

I do hope this is the last mention of this off tangent topic in an unrelated thread!  
Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print