Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Mr Freeze in season 3? (Read 1953 times)
fusmrn4
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Mr Freeze in season 3?
10/28/08 at 11:15pm

What do you think it would have been like to have Mr Freeze in a season 3 episode? I can't imagine it myself, especially to have him in a single episode!

And do you think Eli Wallach would have returned to the role? or maybe even George Sanders?

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

Female Robins and Catwoman
rock!

Re: Mr Freeze in season 3?
Reply #1 - 10/28/08 at 11:35pm

You pose a very interesting question here!

I find it hard to imagine, too, but if there was one, I would imagine they might have recalled Eli Wallach. I would have liked George Sanders, but I imagine they would have gone for Mr. Wallach instead.

But funny, I never gave it a thought about Mr. Freeze for the third season. We would not get to see Mr. Freeze again until 1997, when Governor Terminator took on the role and, IMO, did a decent turn with it!

IP Logged

Super Instant Mesmerizer
Bat Resident

--Prepared with my Anti-Mesmerizing
Bat Reflector!

Reply #2 - 10/29/08 at 1:40am

Catfan wrote on 10/28/08 at 11:35pm:

I find it hard to imagine, too, but if there was one, I would imagine they might have recalled Eli Wallach. I would have liked George Sanders, but I imagine they would have gone for Mr. Wallach instead.

But funny, I never gave it a thought about Mr. Freeze for the third season. We would not get to see Mr. Freeze again until 1997, when Governor Terminator took on the role and, IMO, did a decent turn with it!

I would hope they would have brought Eli Wallach back, if Mr. Freeze had appeared in Season 3.

I mean, can you imagine if they actually had 4 different actors playing the same character, in the same series?!?

That would have been crazy, and probably set some kind of television history record, you know?

Catfan, I loved Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze! He was great!

"NOW THAT I HAVE THE GIANT DIAMOND--BATMAN MUST DIE!!!"

His performance is like his trademark-Self mixed with George Sanders and, Otto Preminger's versions. I love the scene in B&R when the guards are bringing in Mr. Freeze to his cooled cell in Arkham Asylum--by wheeling him in, strapped inside a Refrigerator Ice Box!  Cheesy

"HA HA HA--
WILD!!!"

"THEY ARE THE GUARDIAN ANGELS OF THIS CITY--THOSE TWO MASKED FIGURES--THOSE TWO VOICES ON THE RED PHONE!"
&&

IP Logged

fusmrn4
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #3 - 10/29/08 at 11:57am

i wonder though, if the character of Mr. Freeze would have been any weaker if he appeared in the third season--if they had him in just one single episode, and as we know the plots didn't have much time to develop as much as seasons 1 and 2.

I can't imagine Freeze in an episode with batgirl

And what about his hideout etc. Seeming everything was low-budget in season 3, i don't think his character would have fitted in! He was a complex character, and his settings were usually icy, snowy settings. Wonder how they would have got round this?

IP Logged

Pfeiffer-Pfan
Tin Foil Member

This is me...

Reply #4 - 10/29/08 at 3:39pm

What are you talking about... we saw Mr Freeze in 1992 (in animated form), in what turned out to be his most beloved and famous incarnation... to this very day!!

Michael Ansara as Mr Freeze in Batman: The Animated Series!!

Michelle Pfeiffer Fan

I'll miss you dad xx

IP Logged

Super Instant Mesmerizer
Bat Resident

Bat Reflector!

Reply #5 - 10/29/08 at 5:13pm

Pfeiffer-Pfan wrote on 10/29/08 at 3:39pm:
What are you talking about... we saw Mr Freeze in 1992 (in animated form), in what turned out to be his most beloved and famous incarnation... to this very day!!

Absolutely, and Schwarzenegger's role with his fatal, frozen beloved, Vendela, was a faithful homage to exactly that. Wink

"THEY ARE THE GUARDIAN ANGELS OF THIS CITY--THOSE TWO MASKED FIGURES--THOSE TWO VOICES ON THE RED PHONE!"
&&

IP Logged

Chuck
Totally Batty

The World's Greatest Detective!

Reply #6 - 10/29/08 at 8:05pm

Wasn't Vendela Just Great in That Role?
The Way She Just Stood There...Standing.

IP Logged

Tim37200
Bat Resident

Careful, Robin, It's quite
a drop!

Reply #7 - 10/29/08 at 8:28pm

fusmrn4 wrote on 10/29/08 at 11:57am:
i wonder though, if the character of Mr. Freeze would have been any weaker if he appeared in the third season--if they had him in just one single episode, and as we know the plots didn't have much time to develop as much as seasons 1 and 2.

I can't imagine Freeze in an episode with batgirl

And what about his hideout etc. Seeming everything was low-budget in season 3, i don't think his character would have fitted in! He was a complex character, and his settings were usually icy, snowy settings. Wonder how they would have got round this?

I bet it would be an all black room with A TON of dry ice.  It would have probably looked pretty cool, I think!

I agree too, I thought Governor Schwarzenegger did an excellent job as Mr Freeze, right to down to those hilariously bad "ice" and "cold" puns.

AIM  
IP Logged

Super Instant Mesmerizer
Bat Resident

Bat Reflector!

Reply #8 - 10/29/08 at 9:18pm

Chuck wrote on 10/29/08 at 8:05pm:
Wasn't Vendela Just Great in That Role?
The Way She Just Stood There...Standing.

LOL. Well, what did you expect? After all, she is a Super-Model! Cheesy

&&

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

rock!

Reply #9 - 10/29/08 at 9:35pm

Pfeiffer-Pfan wrote on 10/29/08 at 3:39pm:

Thank you for reminding me! I had forgotten about TAS.

IP Logged

epaddon
Bat Board Contributor

Classic Batman Fan (And
also under Siren's spell!)

Reply #10 - 10/29/08 at 9:59pm

Just as a trivial aside, Mr. Freeze is referred to once in S3 in that rather pointless scene in the second Louie The Lilac episode where the Commissioner and Chief O'Hara are watching films of Batman in previous deathtraps (one of the lamest scenes in the entire series IMO) and we see footage of the "Frosty Freeze" deathtrap from Preminger's appearance.

Black Widow (in "Wail Of The Siren") was the only other past villain to be referred to in S3 without appearing.

AIM  
IP Logged

Gordon Ohara
Not a Newbie

The Joker? In Police Headquarters?!
The NERVE!!

Reply #11 - 10/30/08 at 1:02am

Is there a YouTube clip or transcript of the scene you're talking about from "Louie's Lethal Lilac Time" mentioning Mr. Freeze and past deathtraps? This is a scene that was cut on both channels I saw this episode on growing up, so I've never seen it. Lame or not, it'd be worth a look.

BTW, I think LLLT is the second-worst episode of the series.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

fusmrn4
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #12 - 10/30/08 at 4:32pm

yes i think there is. If you type in Louie's Lethal Lilac Time, 3 parts to the episode should appear. The scene should be in part one or two. They are in commisioner gordons office watching them on a projector!

IP Logged

chuckarc
Aluminum Member

Wild! Absolutely Wild!

Reply #13 - 10/30/08 at 9:53pm

I don't think Otto would have been asked back....Eli would have done a "chilling" job! I never liked Sanders as Freeze

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

rock!

Reply #14 - 10/30/08 at 11:01pm

chuckarc wrote on 10/30/08 at 9:53pm:
I don't think Otto would have been asked back....Eli would have done a "chilling" job! I never liked Sanders as Freeze

My money would have been on Eli Wallach, since he did this at least in part to satisfy his kids. Otto was too disliked, and I gather George Sanders might not have been interested.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top