The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › Wayne manor, & the batcave entrance
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wayne manor, & the batcave entrance (Read 3945 times)
greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Philadelphia
Wayne manor, & the batcave entrance
11/12/09 at 11:22am

Could anyone tell me if the photo that was used for Wayne manor is still the same structure, does it still look the same, and the actual cave that was used for the batcave entrance. Any photos of that location?

IP Logged

Quillpen Quirch
Bat Resident

Man cannot live by crimefighting
alone.

Collinsville, CT
Re: Wayne manor, & the batcave entrance
Reply #1 - 11/12/09 at 1:03pm

Check out the "Bat Locations" page at the website that spawned this message board, David Sutton's 1966 Batman TV Tribute Site.

The Wayne Manor exteriors were shot at a house in Pasadena, CA, that's been used in many other productions.

The cave entrance, which also shows up in lots of movies (minus the drop-down bat-barricade), is Bronson Caves in Los Angeles.

Cheers,

QQ

IP Logged

Scott Sebring
Bat Moderator

Just doing my duty as
a good citizen

Fontana, CA
Reply #2 - 11/12/09 at 1:19pm

greenhornetinphila wrote on 11/12/09 at 11:22am:
and the actual cave that was used for the batcave entrance

Check out my video:

...   ...
WWW batfriend66 scottsebringmusic scott.sebring  
IP Logged

Waterratt
Completely Batty

Beware vermin... oh wait
a minute...

Eastern United States
Reply #3 - 11/12/09 at 5:49pm

Great video Scott!  That area also looks like the planet Kirk fought the Gorn in Star Trek.  Any ideas?

No matter where you go, there you are.
http://www.myspace.com/matthew4345 http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

Felix
Gothamite

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Chester, New York
Reply #4 - 11/12/09 at 7:15pm

I think the John Wayne film "The Searchers" was filmed there too

IP Logged

love the bat
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #5 - 11/12/09 at 7:41pm

Scott, after watching your Bronson cave video, I then jumped to the Thank-You 1966 Batman Message Board video.  What a treat!  You're one talented fellow with a really big heart.

IP Logged

Voxboy
Free-Bird

"Oh, those two!! Hither,
thither and YON!!!"

Louisville/Southern Indiana
Reply #6 - 11/12/09 at 9:42pm

Quillpen Quirch wrote on 11/12/09 at 1:03pm:
Check out the "Bat Locations" page at the website that spawned this message board, David Sutton's 1966 Batman TV Tribute Site.

The Wayne Manor exteriors were shot at a house in Pasadena, CA, that's been used in many other productions.

The cave entrance, which also shows up in lots of movies (minus the drop-down bat-barricade), is Bronson Caves in Los Angeles.

Cheers,

QQ

Coincidentally, I dropped "Wayne Manor Pasadena CA" into Google Maps just yesterday, and got a hit -- I couldn't quite tell by the aerial view if that was it or not, but it certainly was a big house, with a big, circular drive out front.  I seem to recall seeing something like that in the opening scenes of the movie, but I think that's the only other exterior shot they ever used besides the stock one (although that "Alfred working outside" shot that appears at the top of this board would argue against that, I suppose).  I meant to try my luck on Google Earth, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

IP Logged

Space Ghost
Bat-King

Central Florida, USA
Reply #7 - 11/12/09 at 11:29pm

I've watched your Batcave video before Scott, but enjoyed seeing the second time around just as much!

You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood ...

IP Logged

Mauled Vader
Bat Geezer

Greetings, Citizens!

Near Minneapolis
Reply #8 - 11/13/09 at 12:24am

Waterratt wrote on 11/12/09 at 5:49pm:
That area also looks like the planet Kirk fought the Gorn in Star Trek.  Any ideas?

No ideas needed!...The answer is the place where Kirk fought the Gorn is north of Hollywood.  It's off of Highway 14 (Antelope Valley Freeway) and is called Vasquez Rocks.

They filmed lots of westerns there and the last time I went there before moving away from CA, the area beneath the peak was re-dressed as "Bedrock" for the live-action film "The Flintstones!"  There were homes, roads, mailboxes, etc.!

IP Logged

Ben Bentley
Bat Moderator

United Kingdom
Reply #9 - 11/13/09 at 8:24am

Every time I sit down to watch Star Trek I'm dying to see Bronson almost willing my self to see it...Some sites would have you believe that it was used as various planets surfaces, but I haven't seen anything conclusive as yet...

WWW benbentley1  
IP Logged

Mauled Vader
Bat Geezer

Greetings, Citizens!

Near Minneapolis
Reply #10 - 11/13/09 at 8:55am

Bronson Canyon was used in the Next Generation episode  "Darmok" where Captain Picard meets Paul Winfield's alien character "Dathon."

Vasquez Rocks was also used in the classic episodes "Shore Leave" an "Friday's Child" (with Julie Newmar!)

IP Logged

Ben Bentley
Bat Moderator

United Kingdom
Reply #11 - 11/13/09 at 10:36am

Mauled Vader wrote on 11/13/09 at 8:55am:
Bronson Canyon was used in the Next Generation episode  "Darmok" where Captain Picard meets Paul Winfield's alien character "Dathon."

Vasquez Rocks was also used in the classic episodes "Shore Leave" and "Friday's Child" (with Julie Newmar!)

Gotta admit John I'm not big TNG guy, but thats cool to know, I might have to have a peek at episode.

WWW benbentley1  
IP Logged

darren nemeth
Absolutely Batty

Crimefighting Explained

Saginaw, Michigan
Reply #12 - 11/13/09 at 6:41pm

If Vasquez Rocks is that location with that diagional formation, check out Michael Jackson's video of BLACK OR WHITE.

That location was used in a LOT of films and TV of all budgets.

Here is the Batcave in the reworked EQUINOX and in NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST. (yes, that is Frank Bonner a/k/a Herbert 'Herb' Tarlek of WKRP in the EQUINOX frame!)

I also understand it's also the layer of THE ROBOT MONSTER.  I have this on video and its cool to see the Batcave in 3-D.

PDVD_000.BMP (Attachment deleted)
batcave_002.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!

http://batboat.blogspot.com/
WWW https://www.facebook.com/#!/1966.Batman.Batboat  
IP Logged

Quillpen Quirch
Bat Resident

Man cannot live by crimefighting
alone.

Collinsville, CT
Reply #13 - 11/14/09 at 8:52am

Amazing tour, Scott! The Lone Ranger connection is especially cool.

MV's post on the location of Vasquez Rocks reminds me of a bit of paradoxical OT humor: "Antelope Freeway, one-half mile. Antelope Freeway, one-quarter mile. Antelope Freeway, one-eighth mile. ..." Anyone recognize it?

Cheers,

QQ

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

Female Robins and Catwoman
rock!

180 miles from Saratoga County
Reply #14 - 11/14/09 at 4:43pm

Cool video, Scott!  I like the connection with The Lone Ranger!

WWW Catfan Catfan catfan1959 batman1969 http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id= frontenac_media CatfanBogota  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print