The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Merchandise › Giant Batmobile (1/6 or 1/8 scale) ends April 30
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Giant Batmobile (1/6 or 1/8 scale) ends April 30 (Read 4494 times)
szabol
Bat Enthusiast

Ever get that gnawing
feeling...

Cleveland
Giant Batmobile (1/6 or 1/8 scale) ends April 30
04/30/10 at 10:08am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280497294987

I saw this a couple of days ago - this is the Joemobile Batmobile from several years ago. You can fit either the MEGO or Captain Action Batman figures (designed for 12" figures, but 9" will fit).

Good luck - I posted GIINK's fully custom version to see what is possible

14216DSC09437.jpg (Attachment deleted)
batmobile_joemobile.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ghostdog
Bat-God

KING of the NILE!!!

Corinth, Mississippi
Re: Giant Batmobile (1/6 or 1/8 scale) ends April 30
Reply #1 - 04/30/10 at 10:15am

28 inches! That thing is huge!!! Shocked

What a GREAT place to be!!!
IP Logged

mista shake speer
Bat Fabulous

The Dark Speer has gone

tampa florida
Reply #2 - 04/30/10 at 11:52am

That would be neat for my Captain Action Batman.
Thanks for the link

Yikes kinda pricy. Sold though

IP Logged

batmobilecollector
Bat Neighbor

Batmobile rules

ontario canada
Reply #3 - 04/30/10 at 4:30pm

i have this car             now if i can find someone to assemble it

or even directions on how to do it   

anyone know?

todd

IP Logged

Bill_S.C.
Bat Board Contributor

I Love The 1966 Batman!
Who didn't?

Southern California
Reply #4 - 04/30/10 at 6:38pm

When it comes to the batmobile Eric's site is your best bet.

The reason your brain sits above your mouth, is because you should think before you speak.

IP Logged

szabol
Bat Enthusiast

Ever get that gnawing
feeling...

Cleveland
Reply #5 - 04/30/10 at 9:32pm

Scot at PimpmyBatmobile.com used to have parts for it. Scots team is now getting into customizing batmobiles. There are at least two or three other guys that have customized that very car - GIINK (ebay name and on Eric's site - send a PM) and I'll think of the other guy. I believe the custom one featured in the picture above was built by GIINK, who also built my 1/16 Batmobile and my Aurora based Adam West Batman (very very cool).

These are around and the base car originally sold for $150, so the sell price was pretty good, considering you didn't have to correct someone elses mistakes.

9c_1_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)
baty4.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ZAP_POW
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Illinois
Reply #6 - 05/01/10 at 5:52am

I also own this 1/6 Batmobile.

I have info on who the original maker is, and where you can purchase this kit.  You will need a large amount of imagination, and modeling skills to put this together.

This Batmobile will fit a 12" Figure or GI Joe size figure.

In its basic form it will go right together, but if you want it to look like the REAL Batmobile, you will need to do more than assemble it as it is.

It has NO dash detail, This must be all crafted, and also the LARGE BALLOON TIRES need to be replaced with 1/6 RC tires.

These at last check were selling from the original maker at about $200.00 + S&H.

I have spotted various built up versions of this exact car on ebay, with bidding *Starting* at 0ver $5,000.00 ....  But I have seen none that has sold at this price .... WOW !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250587955736&ssPageName=STRK:...

I have had mine since 2003.

P.M. me for more info.

ZAP POW !!!

IP Logged

brucemcwaynejr
Free-Bird

One should always keep
abreast of foreign tongues

Reply #7 - 05/01/10 at 5:22pm

I bought mine back in 2000 for around $150.00 off of someone on the, now defunkt, Captain Action Message Board. It is basically a big, black, blow-molded plastic Batmobile; exactly like the Irwin G.I. Joe military vehicles from the early 1960's (I've often wondered if there was ever any connection to Irwin Plastics (Leominster, MA) and this apparently unlicensed toy; i.e., an old mold that was never used, then sold to a collector, or something).
You'll need to prime-sand-prime-putty-sand, ad infinitum, then paint, pin-stripe, and clearcoat. I started, years ago, then gave up. It's a big project if you want it to look good, as it is so large in size any imperfections will be glaring.
Mine came with clear domes and over-sized, metal rocket tubes; plus decals and a handful of chromed-plastic doodads and details; if memory serves.

I'm afraid to drag it out, as I am sure the domes have cracked, or something, over the years in storage.

Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!" Batman: "Easily." Robin: "Easily." Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin." Robin: "Thank you." Batman: "You're welcome."

IP Logged

Darknite69
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Iowa
Reply #8 - 05/01/10 at 8:42pm

I wouldn't mind having one of those myself... Smiley

"To the Bat-poles Old Chum!!"
capt_woody45  
IP Logged

Waterratt
Completely Batty

Beware vermin... oh wait
a minute...

Eastern United States
Reply #9 - 05/01/10 at 9:23pm

To build and detail a model of that size, you would be looking at a hefty price tag.  You are probably looking at approx. $2,000 just to build and paint, and that's if they give you a showroom shine.  Add all the other scratch detail for the interior, probably add another $1,500.  Monster models = monster price.

No matter where you go, there you are.
http://www.myspace.com/matthew4345 http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

ZAP_POW
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Illinois
Reply #10 - 05/02/10 at 9:03am

Here are a few photos of my 1/6 LARGE BATMOBILE.

The entire project took me only 3 weeks to complete, at a total cost of around $450.00 after original purchase cost.

I have placed lights in the dash, along with a back-lit Bat computer in the dash.

Mine was sanded , Primed then painted, and then I completed the dash detail also adding a Back-lit Bat scope.

A small amount of work was done on the car body with a Dremel tool. And front and back 'GRILLS' were added to the cars front and rear ends. I also got rid of the BIG BALLOON plastic tires that came with the car.  I put on 1/6 RC car rims and tires.

The BAT door decal was from the re-released Polar Lights (1966 Aurora) Bat-Airplane kit.

It may not be a *EXACT-Accurate* museum quality Batmobile..... But it is a Awesome , and a LARGE piece in my collection which has brought a lot of WOW's to everyone who has seen it.

It is a project well worth your time to look into !!

Don't be afraid to build this one, just be patient and think it through. You will end up with a Fantastically LARGE 1966 Batmobile!

It is made of thick Blow-Molded plastic , and it easy to work with. 

As previously said, this car is made and sold  by a Famous GI Joe Collector and GI Joe book author. He also sells LARGE  1/6th Scale WWII *IRWIN* type Vehicles ( Tanks, Trucks, Boats)  at his web site , as well as his *JOE-MOBILE*.

If you want one, you must specifically ask him for availability of this car, As he doesn't advertise it much on his site.

I bought mine in 2003 for $75.00 , At last check, he still sells these for $200.00 + S&H.

This car would be Great to use as a R/C car , it is Hollow, and would be easy to cut and fit on your R/C Frame.

The figures that are shown here with the car are 1/6 Scale or 12" Tall !

I have his contact info, if interested P.M. me, I will send iit to you.

ZAP POW !!

05-02-10

A__Large_.jpg (Attachment deleted)
B__Large_.jpg (Attachment deleted)
C__Large_.jpg (Attachment deleted)
D__Large_.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Joe_Mobile__Parts_Packet___.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Waterratt
Completely Batty

Beware vermin... oh wait
a minute...

Eastern United States
Reply #11 - 05/02/10 at 10:15am

Very nicely done, Zap Pow.  It's amazing what you really can do, if you put your mind and effort into it.  My estimate was if you had someone build it for you.  It always is cheaper to do it yourself.  Good luck with those of you attempting to do it yourself.  Remember to ask questions, there is a wealth of knowledge out here.

No matter where you go, there you are.
http://www.myspace.com/matthew4345 http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

tomstoyz
Completely Batty

Visit BAT-BLOG.COM

Oklahoma City, OK
Reply #12 - 05/02/10 at 11:06am

WOW! That thing is pretty sweeeeeeet!

CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG! http://www.bat-blog.com ...
WWW batblog  
IP Logged

brucemcwaynejr
Free-Bird

One should always keep
abreast of foreign tongues

Reply #13 - 05/02/10 at 2:44pm

Quote:
You are probably looking at approx. $2,000 just to build and paint, and that's if they give you a showroom shine.  Add all the other scratch detail for the interior, probably add another $1,500.

Really? Seems like one could have a Cadillac painted and tricked out for less; and you could.

To build and paint a BatJoeMobile would cost around $120.00 in automotive paint, primer, clearcoat, sandpaper, putty, and rubbing compound. The rest of the expense is time and skill; but certainly not $1,900.00 worth -- unless you were paying someone over $100 an hour.

Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!" Batman: "Easily." Robin: "Easily." Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin." Robin: "Thank you." Batman: "You're welcome."

IP Logged

ZAP_POW
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Illinois
Reply #14 - 05/02/10 at 5:07pm

First - THIS IS A 1/6 SCALE CAR , NOT A REAL FULL SIZE BATMOBILE!!

Why does every one think that you have to take this to a automotive paint shop and spend a bunch of money on this model car ????

I have a air compressor and paint equipment , and I am well versed in paint types and and methods in painting a automotive ...... But I didn't do that, As this is a  Model Car !

I used cheap DOLLAR STORE Gloss Black spray paint.  It cost less than $15.00 to paint , I used enamel paint, the same as a expensive paint shop would use, but a different product brand, and from a spray can.

In every ones mind , this SHOULD cost a lot of money to *PAINT* ,  but think OUTSIDE OF THE BOX !

I chose to build my Batmobile effectively, and not as a absolute museum gem piece. I could have built this into a flawless gem, but what I built and ended up with is a satisfactory 1/6 scale model car that satisfies me and still looks great ... and in the end , it will still only hold dolls !!!

Almost any one can do it too.
Good Luck

ZAP POW !!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print