The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › Adam and Burt's stunt doubles
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Adam and Burt's stunt doubles (Read 2343 times)
batmanrobinfan
Not a Newbie

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Adam and Burt's stunt doubles
10/26/10 at 9:56pm

Hello,

Since watching the tv show again on the hub.  I really am picking up how often the stunt doubles where used in the production of the show. Not just for stunts, but for filler.  Does anyone have any history on their stunt doubles?

Thank you

IP Logged

hobbybuilder01
Bat Geezer

I shall become a creature
of the night.. a bat!!

Templeton  MA
Re: Adam and Burt's stunt doubles
Reply #1 - 10/27/10 at 12:30am

Hubie Kerns was Adams stunt double 1920-1999   Worked as a stunt man for many 60s shows...Victor Paul was Burts Stunt double and currently retired  pics courtesy of Scott's batfriend site

bts_20.jpg (Attachment deleted)
bts_21.jpg (Attachment deleted)
hobbybuilder01@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Batfan2010
Bat Resident

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Michigan
Reply #2 - 10/27/10 at 12:42am

Yeah I notice the stunt doubles in the show a lot. Burt said his stunt double Victor Paul was always on a break. Funny I see Burts stunt man Victor Paul in there offten. And I see Adams stunt man in there offten too. They did a AWESOME Job filling in I LOVE the POW, BAM, ZAP,ZOWIE!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN!!! Now just give us the 1966 BATMAN TV Series DVD RELEASE PLEASE!!!!  Smiley Smiley Wink

IP Logged

Bats1
Bat Board Contributor

I Love the 1965 Batmobile

the batcave
Reply #3 - 10/27/10 at 11:07am

I don't know about Hubie, but I believe Mr. Paul's son was a stuntman as well.

Mankind has yet to evolve but a single inch from the slime that spawned him!
IP Logged

hobbybuilder01
Bat Geezer

of the night.. a bat!!

Templeton  MA
Reply #4 - 10/27/10 at 11:46am

It's Hubie Kerns Jr who has continued in his fathers footsteps as a stuntman

hobbybuilder01@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

hobbybuilder01
Bat Geezer

of the night.. a bat!!

Templeton  MA
Reply #5 - 10/27/10 at 12:02pm

another pic

Batcycle.jpg (Attachment deleted)
hobbybuilder01@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Batguitarist
Bat Enthusiast

Someday we'll have the
series MUSIC released
too!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #6 - 10/27/10 at 2:59pm

Did Burt even HAVE a stunt double? LOL Grin Grin I know he did, just one that seemed to not do much.

John

IP Logged

Felix
Gothamite

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Chester, New York
Reply #7 - 10/27/10 at 4:23pm

That is how Burt tells the story. He may have embellished after all those years

IP Logged

66lover
Bat Neighbor

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #8 - 10/27/10 at 7:50pm

Aren't Hubie and Burt used to play the fake Dynamic Duo at the party at Wayne Manor in Green Ice?

IP Logged

Titianhairedwench
Free-Bird

a fan since 1966

suburban Chicago area
Reply #9 - 10/28/10 at 7:36pm

Felix wrote on 10/27/10 at 4:23pm:
That is how Burt tells the story. He may have embellished after all those years

True, but he did do many of the stunts in the episodes.  It's pretty easy to tell them apart. Smiley

IP Logged

Darrell Kaiser
Bat Resident

Reply #10 - 10/28/10 at 11:19pm

Yeah, Burt does seem to have an act for embellishing. On the DVD commentary for the film, he takes credit for diving into the water, when it was obviously Victor. Same deal goes for the Batcycle and Batboat scenes.

IP Logged

Zandra The Great
Queen of Diamonds

I Love The 1966 Batman!

California
Reply #11 - 10/30/10 at 2:50am

Darrell Kaiser wrote on 10/28/10 at 11:19pm:
Reply #10 - Yesterday at 8:19pm      Yeah, Burt does seem to have an act for embellishing. On the DVD commentary for the film, he takes credit for diving into the water, when it was obviously Victor. Same deal goes for the Batcycle and Batboat scenes

We have to remember that many takes are done for a scene and we have no idea what ends up on the cutting room floor.   When looking at Victor's and Burt's takes it may have been decided that, for whatever reason...lighting, placement, etc.., Victor's dive made the final cut. 

Holy diamonds are a girls best friend!
Zandra The Great  
IP Logged

Darrell Kaiser
Bat Resident

Reply #12 - 10/30/10 at 3:20am

Yeah, I've always considered that possibility, but I'm sure that they weren't always that cruel to Burt and were cautious as to what Burt should and shouldn't do. It was mostly in the pilot were he got injured, along with the mishap with the special effects on the Mr. Freeze episode. My best guess is that they thought he could do the stunts, based off of screen tests that had him perform many stunts the stuntmen are usually used for. Even Doizer had to get on Burt for his attitude, citing that he had a "million dollar face," Semple felt simular and lets not forget what was the reason why Burt took two dozen eggs on the head. Burt's comments paint Victor in a poor light, like as though he did nothing when it's pretty obvious to spot him doing stunts. You'll see he did a fair amount of work and he shouldn't be in treated like that.

IP Logged

Zandra The Great
Queen of Diamonds

I Love The 1966 Batman!

California
Reply #13 - 10/30/10 at 11:34pm

I've heard Burt speak very kindly of Victor.  I have a feeling that there was probably a little joke of Victor having coffee while Burt was being blown up, beat up, etc....   Burt always has a laugh when he talks about this.  He is very respectful of Victor.

But there were times when Victor had to fill in for Burt while Burt was filming another scene, or doing something else for the producers or even because he was sick.  Burt was injured during filming a few times, during the filming of the first episodes, Yes, the Mr. Freeze episode, he was also cut during a sword fight with Marsha, Queen of Diamond's henchmen.  Not to mention the various other bumps, scrapes and bruises.  Even on that million dollar face!!

I've always wondered how long it took to create those infamous Bat fights.  The choreography, blocking, etc....  I've always thought they look like a dance routine.

Holy diamonds are a girls best friend!
Zandra The Great  
IP Logged

Darrell Kaiser
Bat Resident

Reply #14 - 10/30/10 at 11:45pm

That is good to hear. I wish that point could have been made across better in other instances where Victor was mentioned. Also, Burt spoke about how the stunt doubles would block out the fights and Adam and Burt would perform them. Again, it obvious that their stunt doubles did the majority of the fight scenes in long shots, while Adam and Burt did the close-ups.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print