The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Board › Myrna Fahey--the most tragic moll?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Myrna Fahey--the most tragic moll? (Read 4447 times)
Dr. Shimel
Free-Bird

Never to feel a summer
breeze...

Myrna Fahey--the most tragic moll?
12/13/11 at 4:53pm

Myrna Fahey, who played False Face's moll Blaze, died of cancer just two months after her 40th birthday in 1973. Early on in her career, her looks were compared to those of Elizabeth Taylor.

Not sure if she ever got married, but I know her budding romance with baseball legend Joe DiMaggio ended in 1964, in part because she got numerous death threats during their relationship. Those threats came from a mental patient who supposedly couldn't bear to see DiMaggio with anyone other than Marilyn Monroe.

IP Logged

Riddlersgurl
Gothamite

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Molls Lair
Re: Myrna Fahey--the most tragic moll?
Reply #1 - 12/13/11 at 4:59pm

Oh, the poor thing!  That's terrible!

40 is still just a kid!  Well, at least today it's still just a kid.

Riddlersgurl

IP Logged

k
Gothamite

"I never gamble."

Reply #2 - 12/13/11 at 5:18pm

Riddlersgurl wrote on 12/13/11 at 4:59pm:
40 is still just a kid!  Well, at least today it's still just a kid.

Yeah, 40's the new 20.  Smiley That's sad I always liked her. I believe I've heard another Batman actress died young but i can't think of which.

"You would think Batman would know better. You would think he, of all  people, would understand how potentially unsafe it is to be surrounded by people you love. The risk of loss is always too great."
                                        G Knights

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

Female Robins and Catwoman
rock!

180 miles from Saratoga County
Reply #3 - 12/14/11 at 1:05am

Victoria Vetri may be the most tragic living moll, as she is in prison for attempted voluntary manslaughter.  As per Ms. Fahey, I don't think she ever married.

Other deceased molls include:
  1. Barbara Nichols (1927-1976)
  2. Barbara Stuart (1930-2011)
  3. Ethel Merman (1908-1984)
  4. Patti Gilbert (1931-2011)
  5. Nobu McCarthy (1934-2002)
  6. Jennifer Gan (died 2000)
  7. Corinne Calvet (1925–2001)

Dick Kallman (Little Louie Groovy) was murderd in 1980 in New York, in his apartment.  So far, I am not seeing anything about another actress dying young, but maybe someone else can help here.

WWW Catfan Catfan catfan1959 batman1969 http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id= frontenac_media CatfanBogota  
IP Logged

k
Gothamite

"I never gamble."

Reply #4 - 12/14/11 at 11:51pm

Wow, maybe I'm wrong. Looking into it for about the last seven minutes, 99.9% of the Batman molls are all still alive! Most of the low level molls were up & coming starlets who married middle-aged studio executives and late in life became collagen injected show ponies! Sorry.

"You would think Batman would know better. You would think he, of all  people, would understand how potentially unsafe it is to be surrounded by people you love. The risk of loss is always too great."
                                        G Knights

IP Logged

selina
Bat-ologist

I may be bad, but I'm
purr-fectly good at it
Meow

Metro Chicago/Fox Valley
Reply #5 - 12/15/11 at 9:32am

k wrote on 12/14/11 at 11:51pm:
Most of the low level molls were up & coming starlets who married middle-aged studio executives and late in life became collagen injected show ponies! Sorry.

LOL Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

selina
Bat-ologist

I may be bad, but I'm
purr-fectly good at it
Meow

Metro Chicago/Fox Valley
Reply #6 - 12/15/11 at 9:39am

Catfan wrote on 12/14/11 at 1:05am:
Victoria Vetri may be the most tragic living moll, as she is in prison for attempted voluntary manslaughter.

I can't  think of her name now, but I remember awhile back that there was  a moll for Tut who was arested for murder and convicted about a year ago. She played I think Florence of Arabia. And wasn't she in real life in Playboy or something?

There were a lot of posts and threads on this. Anybody remember?  Undecided

IP Logged

High C
Absolutely Batty

Still under the Siren's
spell

a subterranean grotto
Reply #7 - 12/15/11 at 9:43am

selina wrote on 12/15/11 at 9:39am:
Catfan wrote on 12/14/11 at 1:05am:
Victoria Vetri may be the most tragic living moll, as she is in prison for attempted voluntary manslaughter.

I can't  think of her name now, but I remember awhile back that there was  a moll for Tut who was arested for murder and convicted about a year ago. She played I think Florence of Arabia. And wasn't she in real life in Playboy or something?

There were a lot of posts and threads on this. Anybody remember?  Undecided

That's who he's talking about. Vetri's stage name at the time was Angela Dorian, and that's how she was credited in Batman when she played Tut's moll. It was attempted murder of her husband.

Sad.

'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17

IP Logged

selina
Bat-ologist

I may be bad, but I'm
purr-fectly good at it
Meow

Metro Chicago/Fox Valley
Reply #8 - 12/15/11 at 10:13am

High C wrote on 12/15/11 at 9:43am:
That's who he's talking about. Vetri's stage name at the time was Angela Dorian, and that's how she was credited in Batman when she played Tut's moll. It was attempted murder of her husband.

I didn't know that it was the same. That's why I didn't get it.  Undecided

Must be High C your investigative skills as a hard-hitting reporter that allowed you to find this.  Cool

Thanks for the 411.

IP Logged

Dr. Shimel
Free-Bird

Never to feel a summer
breeze...

Reply #9 - 12/15/11 at 11:30am

k wrote on 12/14/11 at 11:51pm:
Wow, maybe I'm wrong. Looking into it for about the last seven minutes, 99.9% of the Batman molls are all still alive! Most of the low level molls were up & coming starlets who married middle-aged studio executives and late in life became collagen injected show ponies! Sorry.

In trying to find info on certain molls via Google News, it's amusing to see how inter-connected a number of them were (especially for the first season): Jill St. John divorced a guy that then briefly dated Sherry Jackson, who was a close of Diane McBain. In the early 60's, St. John also had organized an all-girl, all-actress sports club with Myrna Fahey.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print