Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: To access the board you MUST fill out your profile. Once this is complete, you will be granted full access. Having trouble registering? Haven't received a confirmation email? Contact the administrators here.
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveThe Green Hornet › Green Hornet fanatic
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Green Hornet fanatic (Read 1997 times)
greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Philadelphia
Green Hornet fanatic
06/04/12 at 10:07am

I am 49 yrs old, and iam really enjoying being able to go back into time and watch the classic tv show, and to watch the classic 1939/40 movie theater serials. I watch the tv show episodes often, and i find myself forgetting how long ago this tv show was on. I remember watching it when it was first on along with Batman. Back then Batman was my hero, the GH was second best. I never forgot about the show growing up, only missing it. Then in 1989 a new comic book series started and i was a fan again.I collected just about all the issues up to 1994. Then i managed to find the tv show on vhs tapes from other GH fans. Today i have clear wonderful copies of the 26 episodes on dvd, and the 1939 serials of The Green Hornet, and The Green Hornet Strikes.I also have a GH & KATO figure from K.B.Toys still in their boxes. It is a real shame that this tv show never made it big. I think it could have survived several years if they had a better following.  And sadly, as i watch these episodes today, 95% of the cast members in these shows have all passed away. Not many cast members of these shows are left. Iam so glad the main character, played by Van Williams is still with us, and is the age of 78.

IP Logged

deansgirl
Bat Newbie

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: Green Hornet fanatic
Reply #1 - 06/04/12 at 4:53pm

I am 21 years old and I also enjoy the Van Williams version of the Green Hornet.  I was so disappointed with the trailer for the last GH movie that I did not even go to see it.

Holy Smokes, Batman Smiley

IP Logged

greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Philadelphia
Reply #2 - 06/05/12 at 7:27am

Hi deansgirl, its nice to know there is a younger generation enjoying this classic tv show. For many years there was talk of making a new GH movie, but it would always get delayed for some reason. Finally there was a final deal to make a movie and after the info was released as to who would play the GH, it was mostly all down hill from there. Then when the movie trailers were released it really had a negative following. I did go see the movie when it came out, and i was really disappointed. Too much comedy, and the script was based on grabbing the attention of the younger generation. And for those of us who know the history of the GH, and most of us relate to the 60's tv show, there was major dislike for how this movie and the character was portrayed.
  Iam always up for talking about the GH, and the classic tv show. I can point out things to look for in certain episodes, etc. Contact me anytime.

IP Logged

CapedCrusader83
Citizen

I Love the 1966 Batman!

Reply #3 - 06/20/12 at 4:56am

I'm a 29 year old fan of the series so it has made its rounds. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print