Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Who Would You Have Liked To Play The Green Hornet Today? (Read 1403 times)
BatCitizen
Tin Foil Member

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Who Would You Have Liked To Play The Green Hornet Today?
06/15/12 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
   Point blank, it is very frustrating they had a comic like Seth Rogan play the Green Hornet in the first live action adventure invovling the Green Hornet since the tv series left the air in 1967. Rogan playing the Hornet pretty much ruined the character for years to come provided there is no reboot for the Green Hornet in a way that Superman and Spiderman have gotten reboots done for them despite the fact movies about both of these characters have been somewhat recent.

If such a reboot could happen who would you like to play the Green Hornet? Who would be your choice if you could cast the Green Hornet in a real action/adventure film?

IP Logged

simm
Bat Resident

Re: Who Would You Have Liked To Play The Green Hornet Today?
Reply #1 - 06/18/12 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Keep in mind, it was Rogan's production company that did the movie.  The only way you were going to get a Green Hornet movie was with him playing the lead.  I would rather have seen another actor play him, Ryan Reynolds would've been a better Hornet than Lantern, IMO.  But, if the only way we were going to get the film was w/Rogan playing Britt, that's fine.

IP Logged

greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Reply #2 - 06/18/12 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I agree, the portrayal of the Green Hornet by Seth Rogan was a joke. He destroyed the character, made him look like a bafoon, and for those who saw that so called movie, and if they never seen the Green Hornet before, they have no idea how bad that movie was.
  I know this actor i have in mind is already playing the role of another popular crimefighter, but how does Christain Bale sound to play the role of Britt Reid?

IP Logged

greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Reply #3 - 06/18/12 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I dont know the names of any new male actors, or up coming actors, but if it was up to me, my version of the Green Hornet / Britt Reid would have a more demanding deminor and serious mature look. Has to be smart, with quick thoughts, and had a knowlegde of self defense, and some martial arts , but not as mastered as his servant, Kato.
Oh man, i just described myself !!! Just kidding.

IP Logged

k
Gothamite

"I never gamble."

Reply #4 - 06/18/12 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
simm wrote on 06/18/12 at 4:57pm:
Keep in mind, it was Rogan's production company that did the movie.  The only way you were going to get a Green Hornet movie was with him playing the lead.  I would rather have seen another actor play him, Ryan Reynolds would've been a better Hornet than Lantern, IMO.  But, if the only way we were going to get the film was w/Rogan playing Britt, that's fine.

Yeah seriously. His interest in the character & his clout is all that got it made. At least now the GH is (somewhat) out there. The Hornet has not been a hot property since about 1942. Prior to 'Batman & Robin' I read that Clooney was possibly in line to play the character. Then later I heard Greg Kinnear. Then nothing for about a decade. The best case senerio, would be if a big name director picked up the project & cast an unknown. Or if they did it as an animated series. Otherwise, realistically, Rogan is all your gonna get.

"You would think Batman would know better. You would think he, of all  people, would understand how potentially unsafe it is to be surrounded by people you love. The risk of loss is always too great."
                                        G Knights

IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

Female Robins and Catwoman
rock!

Reply #5 - 06/19/12 at 3:16am
Print Post  
My choice for playing the Green Hornet would be Jon Hamm (Mad Men); he has a great presence, in my opinion.  From the 2011 movie, I liked Cameron Diaz as Casey, and Edward James Olmos as Axford.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top