Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: To access the board you MUST fill out your profile. Once this is complete, you will be granted full access. Having trouble registering? Haven't received a confirmation email? Contact the administrators here.
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveThe Green Hornet › Lee Majors as Britt Reid / GH
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lee Majors as Britt Reid / GH (Read 4224 times)
greenhornetinphila
Bat Resident

The Green Hornet , there's
nothing like him.

Philadelphia
Lee Majors as Britt Reid / GH
06/26/12 at 8:19am

How does this sound for the role of Britt Reid / GH. How does Lee Majors fit as playing the role of Britt Reid / GH. Van Williams is a few years older than Lee Majors, only 5 yrs.
Van Williams - born - 1934
Lee Majors - born - 1939

IP Logged

k
Gothamite

"I never gamble."

Re: Lee Majors as Britt Reid / GH
Reply #1 - 06/28/12 at 3:50pm

I don't see it. At his younger age & with that West Texas accent (or whatever it is), I doubt he would've been believable as a blue-blood big city newspaper publisher slash masked crimefighter. I think even at 5 years older, Van Williams barely pulled the whole thing off.

But I do like Lee Majors. He could've possibly done a decent job as the 'Hornet' during the time of the 'Six Million Dollar Man' -- one of my favorite shows as a kid!

"You would think Batman would know better. You would think he, of all  people, would understand how potentially unsafe it is to be surrounded by people you love. The risk of loss is always too great."
                                        G Knights

IP Logged

dellweasel
Bat Board Contributor

I Love The 1966 Batman!

Reply #2 - 06/28/12 at 11:27pm

k wrote on 06/28/12 at 3:50pm:
I don't see it. At his younger age & with that West Texas accent (or whatever it is), I doubt he would've been believable as a blue-blood big city newspaper publisher slash masked crimefighter. I think even at 5 years older, Van Williams barely pulled the whole thing off.

I'm having trouble picturing Lee Majors in the role(s) too.  He was good at roles where he could ham things up a bit and neither the Green Hornet or Britt Reid joked around.  I thought Van Williams did a great job in the role(s).

dell

IP Logged

BATWINGED HORNET
Bat Enthusiast

The best of both worlds...

Beneath Wayne Manor
Reply #3 - 07/14/12 at 3:03pm

Lee was fine for his type of roles, but not the Hornet. That would have been pretty off casting...sort of like Adam trying his hand as the Skipper from Gilligan's Island...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print