The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Merchandise › Hot Toys to make 1966 Batmobile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Hot Toys to make 1966 Batmobile (Read 24013 times)
The Gothamite
Tin Foil Member

Arkham Asylum
Re: Hot Toys to make 1966 Batmobile
Reply #75 - 07/16/12 at 4:32am

Hot Toys does listen to fans' suggestions but it's still secondary. For a figure headsculpt, they primarily go to the actor (if required by the actor) whose likeness is being sculpted in 1/6. That's the reason it almost took a year for their Iron Man Mark 5 to be released because Robert Downey Jr. kept rejecting sculptor Kojun's headsculpts. It took Kojun about 7 heads before RDJ finally approved. The final head slightly ressembled RDJ, because it looked more Mexican.

Same thing with Will Smith when Enterbay was developing their Men In Black 3 figures. About the '66 Batmobile, I'm sure HT was required by the licensors to submit prototype pics for approval. Hopefully, Barris is in there somewhere.

HotToysBatmobiles01.jpg (Attachment deleted)
HotToysBatmobiles02.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Batguitarist
Bat Enthusiast

Someday we'll have the
series MUSIC released
too!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #76 - 07/16/12 at 6:47am

Great. Big deal. Another 66 Batmobile. Lets see 66 Batman figures and figurines with all the villains and playsets. We've done the Batmobile to death IMO.

John

IP Logged

AndyFish
Bat Board Contributor

Gleeps!  It's BAT-MAN!

Massachusetts
Reply #77 - 07/16/12 at 8:19am

We haven't done a four foot long Batmobile, nor have we seen anything from what many people consider one of the TOP collectibles/toy makers out there-- that's why I'm excited by this announcement.  Plus you'll be able to fit your New Captain Action Batman figure in there too!  (Was that announced yet?)

The figures just aren't announced yet-- I'll bet we'll see prototypes at the NYCC this fall, along with a LOT more merchandise.  San Diego is just the beginning.

IP Logged

KlukChuk
Bat Neighbor

The Klucker . .

Places Unknown
Reply #78 - 07/16/12 at 8:39am

I agree with Batguitarist. Big deal. Although its a pretty awesome to have close to a 4 foot batmobile. From all the hype that was suppose to be..kind of let down. All the hush-hush cant say anything was meh at best.

Bawwaaakkkk!

IP Logged

WEFINKS
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

pa
Reply #79 - 07/16/12 at 8:43am

THIS is the Batmobile 1/6 collectors have been waiting for.  I imagine it wouldn't mean a lot to those not interested in that scale.  That should prove to be the beauty of this licensing deal; there should be something to interest everybody.

Personally, I have over 250 1/6 figures on display in my studio, so I'm more than mildly interested!

IP Logged

falsefacefan
Gothamite

Chicago
Reply #80 - 07/16/12 at 10:40am

Guys, this is just one of the FIRST hush hush announcements.  Collecting 1/6 scale or not, this is a huge step in the right direction concerning the next wave of announcements so can't we all keep up some positive vibe and energy versus "interneting" things...

IP Logged

NJ_Batfan
Gothamite

Celebrating 45 Years of
Batmania

The Garden State Bat Cave
Reply #81 - 07/16/12 at 11:34am

falsefacefan wrote on 07/16/12 at 10:40am:
Guys, this is just one of the FIRST hush hush announcements.  Collecting 1/6 scale or not, this is a huge step in the right direction concerning the next wave of announcements so can't we all keep up some positive vibe and energy versus "interneting" things...

So true. We've waited a lifetime (most of mine anyway), after all. It is perfectly understandable that we all want it done right, but the announcements have all been so fast and furious in the last few weeks, that I'm perfectly willing to wait out the time it takes to work out some of the inconsistencies.I'm been mum since the news broke, but I'm just as excited as everyone else! That said, it's been fun seeing everyone's enthusiasm for the product.

Now, to speculate...think we'll get interchangable license plates?

Doesn't everyone have a bust of Shakespeare and a red phone in their studies?

IP Logged

AndyFish
Bat Board Contributor

Gleeps!  It's BAT-MAN!

Massachusetts
Reply #82 - 07/16/12 at 11:36am

There is SO much stuff in the pipeline, if this doesn't do it for you just wait. 
My initial reaction was the same as John's-- meh, more Batmobiles.  I passed on the Hallmark ornament because it looked like my HW 1/50 scale and couldn't care less about the sound element.  Ditto the variations including the Pengy mobile and the tow hook no tow hook and packaging changes.

I've passed on the Batcopter, The Batboat and every new model kit release so far, but with Hot Toys who I have a lot of experience with I know they do quality and when I get my HT Batman figure I'm going to wish I bought one of these Batmobiles and end up paying 3x retail for it on the collectors market, so I'm in.

As for the rest of the merchandise that is going to be flooding the market-- if Adam's on it I'll buy, the rest of the cast will be a case by case basis. 

If they make a collectible Burt Figure complete with the ability to get captured by crooks or pull a string and it unleashes a string of Holy this and that-- I'll pass, but I'm still VERY happy they are making it for the fans who want it.

The negativity is ridiculous and you can track it through the years;

"Hell will freeze over before they ever work out the rights."
"DC Comics hates the Adam West Batman and that's why it'll never get resolved."
"Okay they can make Batmobiles but they'll never make character items."
"The Batmobile needs to be perfect, countless hours of design and redesign, comparing even the most intricate details to one of the five specific originals, thousands of manhours should be put on this, and it should have only the best construction-- and oh yeah, it needs to be cheap too."

If you want Museum Quality expect to pay for it.
If you aren't all that picky, Mattel will give you something that'll make you happy.

Or maybe no matter what-- some Batfans will never be happy.

Mark my words-- when they announce the series finally getting an official release on DVD there will be a handful of folks complaining that there aren't hours and hours of extra features and that the price is too high.

Maybe they could arrange to have Adam West and Burt Ward travel to each fan's house who complains and they could discuss episdoes personally every time you wanted them to.  Oh, and the DVD will be $5 with a $15 rebate and a coupon for a free Hot Toys Batmobile 1/6 deluxe.

"Yeah, but I have to pay the shipping."

Can't win.

IP Logged

WEFINKS
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

pa
Reply #83 - 07/16/12 at 11:50am

As I just said on another thread; I'm just happy we're actually having this discussion about real, honest to goodness upcoming products!  What an amazing time!

IP Logged

BATWINGED HORNET
Bat Enthusiast

The best of both worlds...

Beneath Wayne Manor
Reply #84 - 07/16/12 at 12:25pm

AndyFish wrote on 07/16/12 at 8:19am:
Plus you'll be able to fit your New Captain Action Batman figure in there too!  (Was that announced yet?)

Whoa!!!

There's a CA Batman coming? Will it be based on the Silver Age look like the Marvel uniforms? Any other DC characters?

[bad pun time]this is so exciting, we will end up going Batty before this merchandising wave is said and done![/bad pun time]

IP Logged

WEFINKS
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

pa
Reply #85 - 07/16/12 at 12:31pm

I have heard that negotiations were under way between Round 2 and the license holders.  Beyond that, not sure where it'll go.  Keep yer fingers crossed! 

IP Logged

BatToys
Tin Foil Member

1966 Batmobile

Chicago
Reply #86 - 07/16/12 at 12:36pm

Can't make enough Batmobiles for me.

Hot Toys usually makes a vehicle once so the more accurate the better.

As for CA, I know they want to make an Adam West Batman but are you saying the comic book Batman?

BatToys

IP Logged

FANofBATS
Bat Neighbor

Fan for a LONG time!!!

Reply #87 - 07/16/12 at 1:28pm

The Gothamite wrote on 07/16/12 at 4:32am:
Hopefully, Barris is in there somewhere.

Not meant to be disrespectful, but George would not be the person you want to be critiquing and giving advice on how to make an accurate scale Batmobile (just listen to some of his totally inaccurate accounts of the car in interviews with him). He did create the original car, but over the years everyone has seen what horrendous evolutions it has gone through, and his memory isn't what it used to be (like him taking credit for the original creation of the Monkeemobile and the Black Beauty). There are many individuals who have studied the car far more and have gathered tremendous amounts of period materials who would be much more helpful at assuring an authentic looking model. I do hope George is given #1 of Hot Toys' model for his collection for his initial inspiration and creative genius on the original car.

IP Logged

falsefacefan
Gothamite

Chicago
Reply #88 - 07/16/12 at 1:34pm

AndyFish wrote on 07/16/12 at 11:36am:
T
Maybe they could arrange to have Adam West and Burt Ward travel to each fan's house who complains..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1_8wefR7c

I'd even chip in for the plane tix to have vid of Adam & Burt "taking care of bizness" like this...

IP Logged

szabol
Bat Enthusiast

Ever get that gnawing
feeling...

Cleveland
Reply #89 - 07/16/12 at 9:37pm

What happened to this Mattel 1/6 scale: http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1280119235/13#13

Top Is Mattel from 2010 SDCC

Bottom is Hot Toys

Hmmmm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print