Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: To access the board you MUST fill out your profile. Once this is complete, you will be granted full access. Having trouble registering? Haven't received a confirmation email? Contact the administrators here.
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveThe Green Hornet › Strange GH autographed photo?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange GH autographed photo? (Read 2921 times)
A. Pennyworth
Free-Bird

I Love The 1966 Batmobile!

Strange GH autographed photo?
07/16/12 at 4:48pm

Very strange photograph that was being offered up for sale. The inscription reads "To William Dozier, Always glad to steal for a friend" and it was cited to be Van Williams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not appear to be Van. It does appear to be the vintage GH outfit, hat and mask, and he is wearing a bow-tie? Anyone?

IP Logged

WEFINKS
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

pa
Re: Strange GH autographed photo?
Reply #1 - 07/16/12 at 9:55pm

I dunno, but it doesn't look like him or his autograph to me.  Can anyone place the set?  It looks like it could possibly be vintage.  The costume looks right.  Is it a stunt man from the show?

IP Logged

v194
Bat Neighbor

Who is this Batman anyway?

The Garage
Reply #2 - 07/16/12 at 10:32pm

The mask looks like a later reproduction.  Either way I will send it to Van and ask for his thoughts.

WWW http://www.myspace.com/1966blackbeauty  
IP Logged

v194
Bat Neighbor

Who is this Batman anyway?

The Garage
Reply #3 - 07/17/12 at 1:56pm

Van Says:
"Well it is definitely not me but the mask looks like one of the late ones. I have no idea who this is. The only thing right is the salutation to William Dozier. The writing is not mine either.

Van"

WWW http://www.myspace.com/1966blackbeauty  
IP Logged

WEFINKS
Bat Neighbor

I Love the 1966 Batman!

pa
Reply #4 - 07/17/12 at 8:31pm

So, when Van says "the salutation is right" is he saying that this is the same phrase he would write on an autograph, implying that this is a conscious effort to make it seem like his?

I didn't think it looked like his writing either.  Certainly not the signature.

Strange...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print