Batman vs Two-Face Trailer

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

robinboyblunderer

Re: Batman vs Two-Face Trailer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I suppose Mr. Freeze had potential to be darker but it never took. And King Tut/Professor Mackelroy (?) is played for comedy.

Guess I wanted to add there's just something sad underlying Two-Face that isn't there for the other villains.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Two Face along with Mr Freeze are two of the few examples of when Ret-Conning a character actually benefited them. In Mr Freeze's case, they made him a loving husband who tries to save his wife by freezing her with elements of Lugosi and Karloff's THE BLACK CAT leading to the accident that causes him to become Freeze. They didn't need to ret-con his name to Victor Freis or whatever it was, that's just too coincidental.

With Two Face, having him be an ally of Batman's behind the scenes, back in Frank Miller's BATMAN YEAR ONE, to the point that Jim Gordon suspects Dent of being Batman added a great deal to the impact of the tragedy when he becomes Two Face.

Humanizing a villain often works-- in the case of The Joker I felt it wasn't needed, he was better when you knew absolutely nothing about him pre-Joker.

Fingers crossed they aim higher with this one.
BlackRobbin

Post by BlackRobbin »

Shatner sounds fantastic. I can't wait to hear him really ham it up the way only Bill can do. I like the concept of extracting the evil from all the major villains. I wonder if the process will leave them passive and good-natured. And yes I believe that is Harley Quinn assisting Dr Strange.
marmaly

Post by marmaly »

I love how Harvey looks like a young Shat!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Details of the digital release dates and the bonus features that will be found on the Blu Ray can be found here:
http://13thdimension.com/batman-vs-two- ... -revealed/
Special Features for Batman vs. Two-Face include:

- “The Wonderful World of Burt Ward” (featurette) – Spotlighting Burt Ward’s life away from acting, particularly his many benevolent activities, and his lifelong devotion to the health and welfare of dogs.

- Adam West Tribute Panel/2017 Comic-Con International 2017 – At the 2017 Comic-Con International in San Diego, a panel celebrated the life and times of the late Adam West, the legendary “Bright Knight.” Fans laughed, cried and cheered as actress Lee Meriwether (Catwoman from the 1966 Batman movie), director/writer/actor Kevin Smith, actor/radio personality Ralph Garman, producer James Tucker and moderator Gary Miereanu captivated the audience with anecdotes and tales about Adam West.

- Actors Burt Ward and Julie Newmar discussing various aspects of their lives, ambitions and inspirations.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

What makes this hard is that this might be the last Adam West Batman project. I was really hoping that there would have been more time for Mr. West to have done more movies.

---jThree
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

I didn't realize all the villains would be back for this too. Catwoman I can obviously understand, but I thought this would be different. All good!! Hopefully the addition of Hugo Strange and everyone doesn't jumble things too much. I'm looking forward to this regardless. William Shatner did a great job!!