66 Batman pinball at Mall of Georgia

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batbelfry

66 Batman pinball at Mall of Georgia

Post by batbelfry »

Hi all...sorry for such a "localized" post, but I never know where the various board members live.

For those of you in the Atlanta area, some nice folks opened up a small retro arcade called RePlay Arcade at the Mall of Georgia, north of Atlanta, and among their games...the 66 Batman pinball machine. (They also had a Munsters game I'd never seen before either.)

This was the first time I've ever seen one in person, to say nothing of having played it. Was it the best pinball gameplay of all time? Probably not, but the '66 Batman TV touches make it a pretty enjoyable all around experience for fans like us. The narration, the sounds, the videos, lots of fun stuff, and it's a lot cooler in person than watching promotional youtube vids of the game. If you're in the area, be sure and swing by.

Snapped a few pix... (if you 'right click' on them and select view image from your browser, you get the full sized versions.)

And of course, Mods, if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it. I never know where anything goes!
vintagematt

Re: 66 Batman pinball at Mall of Georgia

Post by vintagematt »

I don’t live anywhere near Georgia, but it looks really cool! I will have to keep an eye out for one in my area, although I don’t really go to arcades much. I like how they included some of the more obscure villains as well as the big four. Another nice touch are the gadgets lining he sides, like the bat rope and communicator.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

In Brighton, MI there's a great place called, "the Arcade"...$15.00 buys you unlimited pinball and arcade game playing for a day. They've got the 66 Batman pinball machine.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

There's currently one in the Orlando area at Oviedo Mall in an arcade called The District. Their arcade uses card-swipe tokens. One card swipe, and I played the thing for ten minutes. It was still going... I had to walk away to chase the kids.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I'm not a pinball-guy per se, but back in April my girlfriend and I stumbled across the '66 machine in Brewdog in Shepherds Bush, London. We had SO MUCH FUN!