Happy birthday to The Siren!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Happy birthday to The Siren!

Post by High C »

Joan Collins, aka Lorelei Circe and The Siren herself, is 87 today. Here she is 15 days ago from her balcony in London(ium), celebrating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe. Fortunately, there apparently were no millionaire playboys on rooftop ledges across the street, so disaster was averted.

Happy birthday, Joan!

'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Re: Happy birthday to The Siren!

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hunting Dogs everywhere breathed a sigh of sweet relief for the day, i'm sure... :lol:

Happy Birthday, Joan!
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Happy Birthday Joan! Hope she's having a great day, weather not to shabby in Londinium today bit windy but the suns out!

The Siren standalone episode for me is certainly one of the most underrated by fans I feel. A great character and a shame was not given more of a spotlight. I know she was included in the 'Ring Around the Riddler' but effectively just a 'bit part' to kind of bridge the episodes together for the sake of continuity. I would have favoured another Siren story versus the two Lilac eps or having the Londinium story being stretched out to 3 parts for example.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Happy Birthday to the stars of one of my favorite season three episodes and one of my favorite episodes of Star Trek.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Siren and False Face were missed opportunities for the series.
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:01 am Hunting Dogs everywhere breathed a sigh of sweet relief for the day, i'm sure... :lol:

Happy Birthday, Joan!
Well-played, Ben! :D
Ricky wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:50 am Happy Birthday Joan! Hope she's having a great day, weather not to shabby in Londinium today bit windy but the suns out!

The Siren standalone episode for me is certainly one of the most underrated by fans I feel. A great character and a shame was not given more of a spotlight. I know she was included in the 'Ring Around the Riddler' but effectively just a 'bit part' to kind of bridge the episodes together for the sake of continuity. I would have favoured another Siren story versus the two Lilac eps or having the Londinium story being stretched out to 3 parts for example.
I agree, of course. Or perhaps stretch Siren's solo episode into a 2-parter, either making Bruce on the ledge the cliffhanger or writing a whole new arc. Either way, it would have given SRR a chance to use some of the backstory he wrote for The Siren.

If they go with the original plot, then Siren slips away while Batgirl and Robin are saving Bruce, and she begins 'ravaging and pillaging Gotham City' as she promised she would.'

Or, a more subtle idea could be that 'world-famous chanteuse Lorelei Circe' comes to Gotham City to do a series of concerts, and one by one, local male millionaires suddenly wake up to find out they've signed away their assets to nebulous holding companies with no memory of having done so. The only thing in common, which The Duo eventually deduce--they all had backstage VIP passes to meet Lorelei Circe (who we as the audience know by then is The Siren). And, at that moment, Alfred tells them that a courier has just dropped off a backstage pass to Lorelei's next concert--for millionaire Bruce Wayne!! (Cue dramatic 'stinger' music)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17