Where was this video clip taken from?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatmiteReturns

Where was this video clip taken from?

Post by BatmiteReturns »

In case the timestamp doesn't work it's 20 minutes into the video with Adam West singing about the Batmobile with a poor imitation of Robin at his side.

Jimmy L. 66

Re: Where was this video clip taken from?

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I have no idea, but it is marvelous!
Looks like the Gila cowl, so sometime after Legends and Roast would be my guess.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 pm I have no idea, but it is marvelous!
Looks like the Gila cowl, so sometime after Legends and Roast would be my guess.
Little I get ascertain About it Was that it was from a British variety show and apparently never aired here in the states. I had never seen this clip before and just ran across it yesterday.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

In 1976 the Batman series re-aired in Britain for the first time since its cancellation (and season 3 aired for the first time ever, since the BBC or whoever apparently gave up on the show before ABC did). The reruns were a huge hit.

Adam, in big demand on a promotional tour, cut a quickie single record that was released only in the UK but evidently became a momentary hit as well. The video accompanies the song, and features an actor named Nick Young as Robin. Young evidently became better known in Britain as a star of a sci-fi TV series called the Tomorrow People (of which I know nothing more).

The song can be heard in its entirety here. A shot of Adam on tour in costume with another Robin stand-in, British kiddie show host Sally James, can be found here.

I've seen a full-length video for the Batman and Robin song on YouTube as well, but can't locate it just now. I've got to get back to work, so I'll look later, or leave it to one of you fellow sleuths to track down.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Video is here, Citizen!

Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Song can be found on this compilation:
Attachments
Batmania - Songs Inspired By The Batman TV Series.png
Batmania - Songs Inspired By The Batman TV Series.png (104.26 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Jim Akin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 am In 1976 the Batman series re-aired in Britain for the first time since its cancellation (and season 3 aired for the first time ever, since the BBC or whoever apparently gave up on the show before ABC did). The reruns were a huge hit.

Adam, in big demand on a promotional tour, cut a quickie single record that was released only in the UK but evidently became a momentary hit as well. The video accompanies the song, and features an actor named Nick Young as Robin. Young evidently became better known in Britain as a star of a sci-fi TV series called the Tomorrow People (of which I know nothing more).

The song can be heard in its entirety here. A shot of Adam on tour in costume with another Robin stand-in, British kiddie show host Sally James, can be found here.

I've seen a full-length video for the Batman and Robin song on YouTube as well, but can't locate it just now. I've got to get back to work, so I'll look later, or leave it to one of you fellow sleuths to track down.
Excellent, thank you
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

Hello

I live in the UK, and I have an issue of a comic magazine called "Look-In" dated 26th June 1976 which has a two page feature on this record, including a short interview with Adam. I'll try to get this scanned and share it on here on Monday.

I though I recognised Nicholas Young in the clip but didn't think it could possibly be him. The Tomorrow People was a cult sci-fi series running for about 10 years over here about teenage kids with special powers, and Nick Young played their leader.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

When you hear the squel of the Batmobile. It's Batman and Robin!

Love it! That's a great find my friends. Fun to find new stuff (atleast to me ) 57 years later. Ha
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Thank you for sharing this! I've been familiar with the song for a long time now, but I never knew there was a defacto music video for it, let alone that my native land was responsible for it! :D
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

It's odd because the costume that Adam wears in this video Looks to be of better quality than the one he wore a couple of years later in the legends of the superheroes TV show.
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

Hello.

Here are pages from the magazine as promised, and a preview from the week before. Hope you enjoy.
Attachments
Batman4-1.jpg
Batman3-2.jpg
Batman3-1.jpg
Batman2.jpg
Batman1.jpg