FIBERGLASS FREAKS RAIDED!!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Larry A.

Re: FIBERGLASS FREAKS RAIDED!!

Post by Larry A. »

I also hope that this works out for You Mark. !!!!!!!!
Larry
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

dell wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:36 am I expect that there will be some investigations into this situation and the sheriff will realize that he should have asked himself, WWBD (what would Batman do?).
Looks like you called it.

"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Hang in there Mark! With the current state of affairs in Cali its crazy they would prioritize sending four officers to hunt you down in Logansport over what should be a civil manner.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

maniac cop 5 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:54 am EVEN if it was a murder suspect involved, and EVEN if he was in the very next county or state, protocol is to notify the local authorities and to have a representative present.
The reason they didnt do this is the local authorities would have told them that they would not be executing a search warrant issued out of state over a civil matter. The very most they could ask for is to have the authorities accompany them to FF business and ask Mr Racop a few questions, which he would be under no obligation to answer. They ran a bluff. Total civil matter. Ive been involved in these situations dozens of times. That Sheriff knew it was his last term in office and decided to do his buddy a solid because it wouldnt matter to him anyway since he would not be up for re-election. Everyone else involved had no choice but to do the Sheriff's wishes or get fired.
To quote Eggheag - Eggsactly! 100% on point.

They had no jurisdiction. A local sheriff in CA cannot raid an IN property like that. They would have to work with local law enforcement (if IN law enforcement would have thought it worth looking into, which they wouldn't have). This was a civil dispute, at best, and no criminal warrant should have issued/been served without cooperation from local law enforcement. This looks to be an abuse of office, in my very humble opinion, and may give Mr. Racop some interesting civil causes of action, and possibly even criminal charges to be levied. Speak with an aggressive attorney about your options here, Mr. Racop. DON'T let this one go. There's the potential for sizable compensation and punitive damages - enough to make the Joker's mouth water.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Mark should countersue and sink these evil goons!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

I am happy and proud to be able to report some good news on this matter. For those that haven't heard, the San Mateo District Attorney dropped the charges, citing lack of evidence as the main reason. I want to personally thank the thousands of supporters across the country (nay, the world), that posted, emailed, called, texted, or hand wrote letters of appreciation and support. You're the best of the best.

It will take a long time to recover, but I'm happy to get back to work after ten long, terrible weeks. My job is to fulfill dreams, not fight court battles. I look forward to sharing more fun stuff soon. To the Batmobile!
DSC_0018modified.jpg
DSC_0018modified.jpg (32.97 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Congratulations, Mark - knew you'd prevail. So sorry you had to go through all this.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Mark Racop wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:48 pm I am happy and proud to be able to report some good news on this matter. For those that haven't heard, the San Mateo District Attorney dropped the charges, citing lack of evidence as the main reason. I want to personally thank the thousands of supporters across the country (nay, the world), that posted, emailed, called, texted, or hand wrote letters of appreciation and support. You're the best of the best.

It will take a long time to recover, but I'm happy to get back to work after ten long, terrible weeks. My job is to fulfill dreams, not fight court battles. I look forward to sharing more fun stuff soon. To the Batmobile!

DSC_0018modified.jpg
Saints be praised, as the Chief would say! I couldn't be more pleased for you Mark that the wheels of justice rightly spun in your favor!
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

Mark, im happy to see you came out on top and that crooked Sheriff didnt get away with his abuse of authority.
Politics play a huge amount in Sheriff Departments which is one of the reasons i chose to work for a city police department for 30 years. Less internal corruption and ol' buddy politics.
dell

Post by dell »

Great news Mark.
dell
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

UPDATE!

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Great update. I only wish that Mr. Racop had sued.