Adam & Burt visit Atlanta in costume (1988)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

Adam & Burt visit Atlanta in costume (1988)

Post by BAT 77 »

The YouTube algorithm is working overtime now. Another gem I've not seen before.

"The Caped Crusaders are talking about a movie and TV comeback!" In 1988. Meanwhile, across the pond, preparations were well underway for the making of the Tim Burton "Batman".

I have no idea why they were visiting the Georgia Legislature. Surely this wasn't a paid appearance for the Dynamic Duo. "Holy Taxation!"

We get a good look at the Gila-cowl, what looks to be a hand-drawn chest emblem, and the back of Robin's elf-boots.

Love how the local news reporters goes all-out to welcome them with music from a hand-held boom box with low batteries.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
AndyFish

Re: Adam & Burt visit Atlanta in costume (1988)

Post by AndyFish »

This would be one of Adam's last appearances in the costume-- WB would kibosh any further costume appearances out of conflict with the new film. I don't know if Burt got the same orders or if he just stopped because Robin without Batman is just sad, but historically this has to be one of the last times they suited up.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I remember when they did the same thing (prohibited him from appearing in costume) to Clayton Moore, who played the Lone Ranger.
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

I gotta say, these two guys really stayed in great shape for a long time. The only other guy who was comparable was Clayton Moore as the Lone Ranger: he looked great into his seventies.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Roy Rogers, as well, although he didn’t technically appear in costume as an alter ego. I saw Roy and wife, Dale Evans, at a Roy Rogers restaurant across from the Tri-County Mall back in the 1980s in his home city of Cincinnati. He looked fit and very recognizable, wearing spangled, fringed cowboy gear.
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

yep, Roy always stayed slim and trim