Dick's and Bruce's eye colors?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Robin's Girl

Dick's and Bruce's eye colors?

Post by Robin's Girl »

I haven't been able to figure out what color Dick's eyes are, or even what color Bruce's eyes are. The fact that they wear masks just helps to hide their eyes more. Does anyone know? I'm trying to describe Dick by his physical attributes, but I don't know his eye color. Also, I've always wondered about the height of Dick, Bruce, and Alfred at the time of the show. Bruce seemed fairly tall, but Alfred was even taller, and then Dick was somewhat shorter in height than Bruce and about Aunt Harriet's height. Does anyone happen to know any of their heights? LOL I know it sounds silly but I'm just really curious. ;)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Batfan 66

Re: Dick's and Bruce's eye colors?

Post by Batfan 66 »

Dick had blue eyes, and Bruce had blue eyes too. There are actually a couple scenes here and there when you see a close up of Batman's face, and can see his eyes are blue. Hence, Catwoman's quote, "Bet your baby-blue eyes we would" to Batman. :) I think Dick was 5'8, and Bruce 6'1 or 2. At least from what I've heard and read :D
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Thank you! I've tried to pay attention when there are close-ups of Robin's face, and I thought I saw green or hazel, but it's just so hard to tell sometimes. Yeah, I think I've read that about Dick's height, and it seems like in the show someone says Batman is six foot something...but I just never know if they're making that up in the script or if it's true, like when Catwoman said that about Batman's eyes, because "baby blues" is kind of a common phrase. Wow, so Dick has blue eyes...that's really what I wanted to know the most and could not find anywhere, so thank you. :D
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Actually Adam's eyes are green in spite of what the script might have said.
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

I was wondering about that... Do you happen to know whether Burt's eyes are blue or not? And thanks. :)
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

It's really impossible to say - any photos or screen caps coud be processed with a different tint, or color balance, brightness & contrast or saturation - that can sometimes change the hue - their costumes, for the best example. I will say it's not very often you see brunettes with blue eyes, that usually mixes best with blondes. So, I would say Burt's eyes are hazel.
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

WayneGrayson wrote:It's really impossible to say - any photos or screen caps coud be processed with a different tint, or color balance, brightness & contrast or saturation - that can sometimes change the hue - their costumes, for the best example. I will say it's not very often you see brunettes with blue eyes, that usually mixes best with blondes. So, I would say Burt's eyes are hazel.
I know exactly what you mean about the color variation possibilities, in screen caps and photos, and the example of varying hues in their costumes (sometimes Batman's cape looked to be purple instead of blue).

I mentioned in an earlier post that recently while watching an episode, I tried to pay attention when there were close-ups of Robin's face, and I thought I saw hazel. So, thank you. There are some brunettes with blue eyes (I know of a couple), but in these situations it's so hard to tell sometimes. Hmm, blue or hazel.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Well, I did the best I could. Went back to a couple of episodes where I remembered some close ups, sorry the pics aren't better, and my memory :)

Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Thanks to several interviews with Adam and Burt from back in the '60s, perhaps about 1966, which Batfan 66 linked to in this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153 from a while ago, I now know that yes, Adam has green eyes, and Burt has blue eyes. I also learned their height, too. But I finally know Dick had blue eyes! :D
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Here's about as close as you can get for Burt/Robin (from the last Penguin ep in S3):
Attachments
RobinsEyes.jpg
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

LOL, great shot Dr.Shimel!