If "1966" was ever released on DVD.....

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Re: If "1966" was ever released on DVD.....

Post by John Mack »

Riddlersgurl wrote:They had better get their booties in motion.

Most of the really good villains have died: Cesar, Burgess, Roddy, Van Johnson, Art Carney, Milton; as well as a lot of the good guys like Neil and Stafford.

We need to hear commentary from Adam, Burt, Julie, Yvonne, John Astin, etc. If only to hear them make remarks about how trim and fit they were back then, and decry old age; all of that neat stuff.
Gee guys come on...Adam West has already done commentary on all 120 episodes! It's on his DVD called, "Adam West Naked." So no worries there. Fret not my fine feathered finks. QUACK!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I have Adam West's DVD and it's great. I would still like to hear his commentary on episodes. Him working from memory is one thing but the stream of consciousness stuff you get while they watch the episode is something else.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

More than likely they would first release individual season sets for die-hard fans, then possibly some "special" volumes such as by villain or "best of" types for casual fans, then finally a complete series collection (hopefully overloaded with extras). This generally seems to be the marketing scheme with popular television series I think.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Shows like get smart and Six Million dollar man were released as a complete set via Time-Life, then at retail by seasons. Perhaps they'll follow the same. Love to seeBlu ray with all the pop art. No later than 2016 is my guess.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Szabol wrote:Shows like get smart and Six Million dollar man were released as a complete set via Time-Life, then at retail by seasons. Perhaps they'll follow the same. Love to seeBlu ray with all the pop art. No later than 2016 is my guess.
I hope they have a music only option like the Blu-Ray movie does. That would be outstanding!

John

PS: I hope we don't have to wait until mind implant chips take over the market LOL :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

PS: I hope we don't have to wait until mind implant chips take over the market LOL

LOVE that idea - that way, all we'd have to do was think of a certain episode and it would play and we'd be the only ones who could see it - great for the commuter train, but I wouldn't recommend it while driving - no drinking, no texting and no exclusive view of a tv series on mind-implant chip.
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Although the series is not yet on disc we can still enjoy Adam West's remembrances of the series, like a commentary track without the episodes. His "Naked Adam West" DVD should still be available on his website.