If "1966" was ever released on DVD.....

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

WayneGrayson

If "1966" was ever released on DVD.....

Post by WayneGrayson »

...I think I'd like the option of a box set featuring a certain villain - as opposed to Season One, Season Two, etc. The Big Four would each get their own box set, and then a "catch all" with Shame, Ma Barker, Bookworm, etc.

Thoughts? I know this is a fantasy at this point, but, still....
Dr. Shimel

Re: If "1966" was ever released on DVD.....

Post by Dr. Shimel »

I suppose they could do that, especially considering that a S3 release might not be a big seller, given the grade school production values and horrible scripts that abound during that final year.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I cannot speculate on the hypothetical
irishmiss

Post by irishmiss »

One can only hope and keep their Batwings & Batfingers crossed huh ???

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i,m sure if and WHEN they do release the series,,,,it will be distributed...one season at a time...then the following year be released as a box set {shaped as the BATCAVE},,,of course !
Batman

Post by Batman »

A box set for each season would be nice. I'd like to see the shows in chronological order... at the same bat time!
To the Batpole!
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

You'd be able to hear me squealing in fangirl delight clear across the country. :lol: :lol: :lol:
60s TV Fan

Post by 60s TV Fan »

Think I'd prefer to stick to the season sets in chronological order of airdate. Loaded, of course, with any and all extras available... promos, bumpers, cast commercials, cast and crew commentaries, liner notes, etc. I just keep hoping that someday soon we can hear good news on a release.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They had better get their booties in motion.

Most of the really good villains have died: Cesar, Burgess, Roddy, Van Johnson, Art Carney, Milton; as well as a lot of the good guys like Neil and Stafford.

We need to hear commentary from Adam, Burt, Julie, Yvonne, John Astin, etc. If only to hear them make remarks about how trim and fit they were back then, and decry old age; all of that neat stuff.
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I would LOVE to see bonus DVD/Blue Ray material tacked on such as this never before seen interview with Batgirl Yvonne Craig. I have only seen still images but would love to see a text transcript of what was asked, said, and who is the woman on the left? I wonder if this is 1967 or later in the 70s? I am told this is from The Joey Bishop Show but he looks like Merv Griffen to me? What I wouldn't give to see this video clip. I looked on YouTube but to no avail. If anyone has it PLEASE let me know! Thanks!
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Well I am in favour of season by season DVD's or a collection of all three together. Whenever it happens I will just be thankfull for it being on DVD! Heck I would even take a VHS release at the moment to be honest ha!

Bonus features will be a amazing, out of this world extra! Old footage of cast interviews, maybe some take-outs or behind the scenes material if such exists.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

antman67 wrote:Image
I would LOVE to see bonus DVD/Blue Ray material tacked on such as this never before seen interview with Batgirl Yvonne Craig. I have only seen still images but would love to see a text transcript of what was asked, said, and who is the woman on the left? I wonder if this is 1967 or later in the 70s? I am told this is from The Joey Bishop Show but he looks like Merv Griffen to me? What I wouldn't give to see this video clip. I looked on YouTube but to no avail. If anyone has it PLEASE let me know! Thanks!
It's definitely Merv Griffin and is undoubtedly from 1967. Below is a mini-bio of Yvonne from February 1969:
Attachments
Yvonne Craig.jpg
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

I would prefer a box set with all 3 season, but that will not happen. Releasing the sets 1 at a time will make them more money..

I wish Time Life would do the set, they did a amazing job on the complete Six Million Dollar Man..
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

If and when the series is indeed released, I am sure it would be released by season. I would not mind commentary not only from the surviving stars, but also from some of the guests as well. So many of the guest villains are dead or, like Eli Wallach, are wayyyy up there in years, but it would be nice to hear from even those who had bit roles, such as James Brolin and Rob Reiner. (And Jill St. John, of course, since I think she helped to make the pilot the success that it was!)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I would go with chronological season releases along with the obligatory special features consisting of behind-the-scenes, etc. Only I would like to also see interviews regarding the show from both presently surviving stars as well as any older past ones with those no longer here. I would want to hear as many comments and opinions regarding the show, its characters, and the over-all production as possible. Some nice glossy color booklets with never-before-seen photos or photos of Bat-equipment or even pics of all the Bat-vehicle interiors/dashes would be a bonus also.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"