"WILD!"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Turkey Bowinkle

"WILD!"

Post by Turkey Bowinkle »

I watched "Green Ice"/"Deep Freeze" last night and I was reminded of the number of times Otto Preminger says the word during the course of the two segments, it has to be or close to the double digits! Does anyone know if this was in the script, was it Preminger's idea, George WaGGner's idea?

I also had to laugh at Preminger making himself dead weight for Adam West and Burt Ward to try to hoist up at the end of the episode, I had heard he did that deliberately and it looks like they really had trouble getting him back on his feet. The stories of Otto being a real S.O.B. on the set were legendary and it seemed to me that his character is referred to as such a despicable monster and scoundrel more than the other arch-villains usually are in the course of an episode and it sort of makes me wonder if these were embellishments that were added to in a way to reflect the cast's real feelings about their co-star.

Wild!!
Dr. Shimel

Re: "WILD!"

Post by Dr. Shimel »

A year or so, I actually counted the number of times he said "Wild," and it came out to 21: 14 in the first part and "only" seven in the conclusion. In addition, the narrator (Dozier) and Commissioner Gordon each say it once.
Gothamite

Re: "WILD!"

Post by Gothamite »

Of course, everyone who is a real devoted bat-fan knows the awful story of Preminger on the set of Batman but even if he was a horrible despicable monster, Otto is and will always be Mr.Freeze in my head.