Watch the series in German

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Watch the series in German

Post by John Mack »

I just came across this today and thought many of you would find it interesting. The series have been done in so many different languages but I have never really found any cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbmrCMy9UgM

Here's the pilot in German (also notice it's the intro that does NOT have the Dozier voice over!):

***Admin Edit: Regardless of which language it has been dubbed into, we cannot have YouTube links to full episodes, as laid out by our Board Rules. http://www.66batman.com/faq.html#11 BB. ***

BTW, if anyone speaks German, can you please see how closely the translation is in English. Just curious.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Phil B

Re: Watch the series in German

Post by Phil B »

Interesting translation of the German title from the episode.
Rätselhafter rätselkönig: puzzling mysterious king. Probably translates better as "The mysterious puzzle king"
I noticed they use the same title in part 2 and no recap of part 1.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Pretty Sharp video.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

:oops: :oops: OOOPS! Sorry about that. I guess I should review the rules once in a while :oops: :oops:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

Watching familiar shows in another language is always weird for me as; the voice actors never sound like the actors on the screen. It just seems wrong.
dell
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Even better, watch the German compilation with the captions translated to English - it's a valuable tool for understanding our fellow man.

As Bruce says, "Languages are the key to world peace. We could all speak the language of the other would be the scourge of. War may lead always spellbound by Marc Uthmann must indeed."

Truer words were never spoken. :? :lol:

(There's an even better couple of lines at 7:38 but I won't give 'em away - we don't have an emoticon for a spit take...)
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

I studied German for about 6/7 years so thats interesting to see ha! Classic episodes of the Fledermausmensch! =D