Question about The Purrfect Crime/Better Luck Next Time

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

antman67

Re: Question about The Purrfect Crime/Better Luck Next Time

Post by antman67 »

You know what's weird? I NEVER saw or maybe noticed Robin's tights has seems in the back of them like a woman pair of pantyhose? How could this have gone unnoticed all this time?
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

This was before the days of seamless tights, which I think came out in the 1970's.

But, to be fair; I never noticed them either until I saw the picture.
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I though seamless tights always existed? I remember seeing that movie Viva Las Vegas with Ann Margaret and this was in the early 60s and she didn't have seems? I believe pantyhose came out around the late 1960s but I think your right! Judging from the above photo, Burt's tights look really scratchy, just as he said in the 2003 film "Retun to the Batcave". Almost appears like he's wearing leggings?

What do I know though, I was born in the 70s.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

antman67 wrote:You know what's weird? I NEVER saw or maybe noticed Robin's tights has seems in the back of them like a woman pair of pantyhose? How could this have gone unnoticed all this time?
Not quite the same. The tights probably got twisted because the seams usually went more along the inside leg while favoring the back just a little as to not be too obvious from the front. The tights we use today still go that way as well. This stuff is thicker than the pantyhouse variety you mentioned. Also the dance tights they were using were a nylon that was pretty scratchy but not unbearable. I once got to wear one of Adam's original suits made from the same stuff as Burt's tights. Interesting difference against the materials we have today. The stuff didn't breath well and definitely exaggerated whatever the temperate was. If it was slightly warm in the room, the things were hot and if it was slightly cool, the things felt a bit chilly.

Now, let's get back on topic.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I always thought Batman kept it folded up in a pocket inside his cape.