Batman Stands Pat batfight

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfan 66

Batman Stands Pat batfight

Post by Batfan 66 »

I watched this episode along with several others last night (I've been sick, got nothing better to do), and I noticed that the batfight at the end of it was one of the best I've seen in my opinion. I watched the footage of Robin, and I don't think a stuntman was used (which I like better). When did they start using stuntmen in the batfights a whole lot? I know they did it a lot in second season..
Thanks for your answers :D
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Batman Stands Pat batfight

Post by Scott Sebring »

Sorry. Victor was used in in about at least half of that fight. Burt was used for the more closeup shots and the swinging door shot but Victor and Hubie were surely in the long shots. To answer your question, they were used from the beginning for the fights in the series.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Thanks Scott, it's good to have a solid answer, and thank you clavierankh, everyone here is so nice :D
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

Hi what is meant by the swinging door shot?Is that the scene when The Mad Hatter clobbers Robin on the back of the head as he walks thru the doorway?Also I'm pretty sure that's Burt hitting David Wayne[who I think is in those shots,not a double]in the part right before he walks thru the doorway and The Mad Hatter hits him with what looks like a horseshoe.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

The swinging door shot is when Robin grabs the top of the doorway and swings through to the other side into the fray going on in the other room, This is in the final fight scene. Sure, Burt is used for the more close up shots in the fight but it's clearly Victor in the long shots. For example, it's Victor running across the table and then jumping earlier in that fight.
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

Speaking of stuntmens/womens, do you know if some was used with the villains, I know that in the movie, there are and the Joker have one that we can see in several episodes. Do you have photos or names ?