What if.......

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jaws63

What if.......

Post by Jaws63 »

We've talked about many different extensions of this series, but I'm going to take this to a new and(out there) level. Since some of us feel that a more serious take would have worked, season 4(in an alternate universe)would have aired on CBS written by Leonard Freeman...Batman survives. Adam West is still Batman. Same Batmobile(Different sets though). Same animated intro(slightly altered ,with no Sock, Bam, Ooof's in there, as they are also eliminated in the shows themselves. No Robin, Batman works alone in the beginning.. The show becomes an hour long.

Jack Lord(sporting a mustache) is recast as commissioner Gorden. In this version Batman is just as wanted by Gorden as the badguys er Villain/villainess are. Gorden has a team of officers and investigators(Remember, this is an alternate reality, these are the old H50 stories with all the same actors, Batman is merely inserted in the stories) James Maccarther(Danny Williams in H50) is inspector David Bash in this outing.

The first story in the H50 series is "Cocoon" as this episode has the same title in Batman...Same episode, however the character who play's Wo Fat is now Dr. Hugo Strange.

Look for an upcoming synopsis of the full story and other's

This I thought would be an interesting challenge though I'm in a pondery as to whether I use Richard Denning as Mayor Linseed or Alfred is as long as H50 lasted I can't see Alan Napier Too long into the 70's, so please imput's please.
Riddlersgurl

Re: What if.......

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Okay, Jack Lord as Commissioner Gordon I can see. James MacArthur as Chief O'Hara I can see.

Heck, I can even see Kiegh Diegh as Dr. Hugo Strange.

What I CAN'T see, is Batman being able to operate under a Gordon like that. Not unless they were friends from the beginning, and Gordon was the ONLY one to know of Batman's secret identity. Since police science back then wasn't anywhere near what it is today, he'd accept help from Batman only because the Batcomputer was faster and more efficient than the ones at Police Headquarters.

He'd NEVER put up with Batman having a teenaged assistant, under ANY circumstances, so no Robin.

McGarrett on H50 was a tougher than tough cop and took no malarkey from ANY of his opponents; I really don't see him being as lenient as Neil Hamilton's Gordon.

He'd let Batman take care of the legwork and the investigations for the super villains, meanwhile he and his colleagues would take care of the ordinary crooks like drug dealers, murderers, etc.

As to who could play Alfred, well how about Christopher Lee? He's about as tall as Napier was, and he wasn't all that old back then. Some judicious use of aging makeup and he'd be a good foil and mentor to Bruce.

In the Batman Animated Series, Alfred had once been a member of Her Majesty's Secret Service, I think through either The Second World War, or Korea, and left the army to take care of the Wayne family. When Bruce was orphaned, he essentially raised him and put him through all of the courses that he had gone through; sending him elsewhere for further training when he couldn't teach him anymore.

That would be a good background for him to have. A retired spy, keeping an eye on the only scion of his former employers, and basically becoming a father figure, teacher, sounding board, medic and psychiatrist.

Although, if you want to bring Batgirl into it, it would be EXREMELY difficult to have her operate anywhere Lord's version of Gordon; he'd put his foot down as to one more vigilante operating in HIS town!

I like the concept; it's intriguing, and I'd like to see you flesh it out a little more.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Hawaii Five-O meets Batman. Okay, I'm down with that. Lets have Mort Stevens do a remake of Hefti's theme with a 5-O twist to it and and lets get Ennio Morricone to do the series music. For anyone who does not know these names, please Google them to as not to take up space in the thread.

Have Alan Napier reprise his role. He would have been able.
John
Music. BAT! Music.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Book 'em, Robin! :lol:
High C

Post by High C »

Put The Siren on Gotham Beach in a silver bikini and I'll sign up. 8-)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

So instead of King Tut we'd have King Kamehameha played by _____(insert here: name of vaguely ethnic-looking actor who plays screen heavies in the '60s, like Michael Ansara or Victor Jory)?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

John Forsythe as Gordon , he sure looks a lot like him ;)
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

chrisbcritter wrote:So instead of King Tut we'd have King Kamehameha played by _____(insert here: name of vaguely ethnic-looking actor who plays screen heavies in the '60s, like Michael Ansara or Victor Jory)?
Well, I never liked the fact that Victor Buono was sooooo over the top as Tut.

Michael Ansara would make an excellent recast; he played villains very nicely.

Although, while we're aiming for the moon, why not Yul Brynner? He played the part of Ramses in 'The Ten Commandments', and if THAT role wasn't villainous, I dunno what was.