Need help for MY fanfic

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Riddlersgurl

Need help for MY fanfic

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Well I've got a fanfic plot bunny nibbling away, and I wanted to run it by you guys. Mostly I want to know what you want in a fic, without it becoming too ridiculous, campy or stupid.

The upshot is this, there is a new villainess in town, that is targeting the OTHER villains of Gotham City!

Only two of them go without being ripped off, robbed or made to look a fool of; The Riddler and the Joker, respectively.

She is called The Trickster, and she is exactly as her moniker depicts her. She plays tricks on people that she doesn't like, or has no respect for. Her main targets are Minerva and Marsha (she thinks that they are vainglorious old women in dire need of a facelift.), the Minstrel (she hates his singing, his instrument playing, and his general looks); Penguin (she hates people that smoke. PERIOD.) The Puzzler, (she calls him a very sad, pathetic wannabe villain), Catwoman (she leaves a note telling the woman to vacuum once in a while, and she is contributing to animal overpopulation by not getting her cats fixed. So she did it for her.)

Every bit of petty cash, bit of ill gotten jewelry, antique timepiece, etc. finds itself in her hot little hands and that of her gang.

The kicker? She's only about fifteen or sixteen years old. She stands around Robin's height of 5' 10", with black hair, blue grey eyes, is on the thin and wiry side, and has a VERY familiar maniacal giggle.

Her real name is Stephanie, but, since neither Joker nor Riddler had a civilian identity on the show, I'm a bit stuck as to what surname I should give her. She's Riddler's daughter, and Joker's granddaughter.

How in the HECK did that happen? GLAD you asked!

Long ago, in the days of his hot and horny youth, Riddler was a petty thief as a teenager, and he fell in love with a beautiful dark haired girl named Magdalena.

Now, Magda was fiercely intelligent, snotty as all get out, and took no malarkey from anyone; especially not Daddy, who at the time was a traveling hypnotist with a successful stage act. Unfortunately, this meant that he wasn't at home a lot, and his only daughter ran a bit wild.

Riddler ended up doing time for B&E, she ended up in the family way, and she disappeared from Gotham City.

Joker, who was out of town at the time, didn't find out about his daughter's situation until it was too late, and he mourned her as dead. (Just because he was a semi-bad father, it doesn't mean that he didn't love her.)

She meets Dick Grayson in school, as she's in his school, thanks to getting a scholarship for that particular High School (the tuition is pricey; nearly $250.00 a month.) While she semi-sort-of likes him, she doesn't want to get too close, on account of her issues with her father and grandfather.

Now, in order for her to rip THEM BOTH off, she needs a plan so audacious, so outrageous, so cunning and sneaky, and full of chutzpah that it defies description.

Yeah, I need to know what she can rip off from them, how she can do it, and manage to get away with it before Batman and Robin intervene.

And NO, Robin will not recognize her right off the bat; that's cliché, passé and déclassé.

She has a gang of kids that are made up of runaways from different situations; bad foster homes, orphans, overly bullied nerdy types, and they are VERY loyal to her.

That's it folks! All suggestions are welcome, but keep them in the realm of possibility.
elmrgraham

Re: Need help for MY fanfic

Post by elmrgraham »

Very Good fanfic. How about Stephanie Nigma Napier as her surname.In the Batman Comics and Movies,the Joker,s real name was Jack Napier,and The Riddler,s was Edward Napier.Just a suggestion.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I wanted something to showcase her Latin heritage through her grandfather, and Edward is NOT the Joker's son.

I like the name Nashton, which was one of Ed's aliases, so I might go with that. But since she's considered a minority in Gotham, she'd be using her mother's surname.

So, why not Romero? As a nod to Cesar's performance.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Very Good Idea.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Wow, that is one fabulous idea! And Romero is perfect :D It really caught me off guard when I read she was 15 or 16...
That is something that we have never seen before in Batman, (Susie doesn't count, she was a moll), and I love it! Wow, and what she does to the other villains... :shock: This is so different, it's awesome :)
Maybe on something like after the 2nd encounter with her Robin says something like 'You know Batman, there's something (awfully, eerily, strangely, somewhat, any of these would work) familiar about her...' and you could just have him brush it off, or have Batman dismiss it, or have them figure it out. Just a thought :D

Maybe she can rip them both off by there being something or someone that they both want, they each execute a plan separately to get it (they don't even know the other one is after the same thing), she creates the opening for their chance to steal the item, for which Riddler and Joker both show up(they are surprised to say the least to see the other one there), and The Trickster is already there, with the prized item, with the demeanor that she has been there awhile, and idly admiring the item, and she taunts them both, then makes an outrageous demand or something, or perhaps threatens dire consequences if they don't accept her as their boss, or make her queen of the Gotham city underworld, or something like that. They are shocked she is there, and set up the entire thing, etc.
I dunno if that is evil enough, but I think with some work, dialogue, plot, etc it could be a pretty good scene. Just an idea :)
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

***Admin note: This post was in reply to some other posters that were discussing other possible fanfic. Riddlersgurl (as the thread's original poster) was correct in reminding them that any other fanfic discussion should be handled on their own thread. This is a general courtesy unless the original poster invites such varied input. The other post in question have now been moved***

Um...guys? I HATE to point this out, but this is kinda MY thread for a fanfic?

I mean, I don't mind you swapping ideas and all, but could you do it in your OWN thread?

Thanks much.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Batfan 66 wrote:Wow, that is one fabulous idea! And Romero is perfect :D It really caught me off guard when I read she was 15 or 16...
That is something that we have never seen before in Batman, (Susie doesn't count, she was a moll), and I love it! Wow, and what she does to the other villains... :shock: This is so different, it's awesome :)
Maybe on something like after the 2nd encounter with her Robin says something like 'You know Batman, there's something (awfully, eerily, strangely, somewhat, any of these would work) familiar about her...' and you could just have him brush it off, or have Batman dismiss it, or have them figure it out. Just a thought :D

Maybe she can rip them both off by there being something or someone that they both want, they each execute a plan separately to get it (they don't even know the other one is after the same thing), she creates the opening for their chance to steal the item, for which Riddler and Joker both show up(they are surprised to say the least to see the other one there), and The Trickster is already there, with the prized item, with the demeanor that she has been there awhile, and idly admiring the item, and she taunts them both, then makes an outrageous demand or something, or perhaps threatens dire consequences if they don't accept her as their boss, or make her queen of the Gotham city underworld, or something like that. They are shocked she is there, and set up the entire thing, etc.
I dunno if that is evil enough, but I think with some work, dialogue, plot, etc it could be a pretty good scene. Just an idea :)
Robin won't recognize her right off the bat. I'm thinking that she'll wear a wig to cover up her curly black hair. Maybe in a bright shade of purple or magenta, as a nod to her grandfather, with bright neon green lipstick.

Now, as for the costume; it needs to be formfitting, but not suffocating, with plenty of stretch for ease of movement.

Not a leotard though; there are enough of them already, we don't need anymore. Leggings are fine, as long as they aren't too tight (censors, you know.)
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I would say you have to be careful with the costume. We are talking a fifteen year old girl.I'm not sure what would be appropriate.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Well, she's not all that well-endowed in the bust area. She's maybe a 'B' cup at that stage. She's of a comfortable weight (the way that women USED to be back then, without being anorexic.)

She's got an athletic build, and is a very fast runner. She likes to get out of trouble faster than she got into it.

I was thinking of a hooded tunic that goes to mid-thigh, and has a longer sleeve underneath a cap sleeve. That way, she doesn't have to worry about too much bulk to achieve a layered look.

Unlike her wig and lipstick, her costume is a bit more subdued in color. No pastels or neon colors.

Her leggings are a dark forest green, and the tunic is the same, with the undersleeves being a more grayish type shade of green.

Her boots are a pair of Doc Marten boots dyed to match the outfit, and she carries a knife up her sleeves, attached to her wrists with mini holsters. Her belt, which is lavender, holds several dyed suede pouches filled with emergency cash, her allergy pills, tissues, a tube of lipstick and other girly supplies. She also carries a small canister of spray that makes you sneeze your head off.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Riddlersgurl,

I think the scope of your idea for Trickster lends itself better to fanfic than to an episode due to the number of guest villains your character's shenanigans plans would sabotage before Batman and Robin figure out what is going on.

I like the overall idea very much. I can imagine Trickster and her devoted, young followers ruining a number of other villain's crimes and allowing Chief O'Hara and the police to arrest at least some of the crooks responsible. (What could be more embarrassing?) The problem for the police would be portions of the evidence always disappears mysteriously. What to do? Call Batman and Robin.

The Dynamic Duo's intervention in a crime both they and Trickster anticipate would allow all the evildoers to escape and for Trickster to be denied the loot her activities have been procuring. So, the third villain is after our heroes and Trickster and Trickster is after our heroes and the villain while Batman is after the villain and Trickster.

If you like this formula, several stories may be written by switching out the third villain. Alternatively, a long epic could be written using a series of third villain.

These ideas, of course, apply to the story before Trickster's identity is revealed and her relationship with Robin thickens the plot. I hope it helps.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Did I mention that she's being bankrolled and supported by her mother?

I refuse to have a character that has a lot on a pair of very young shoulders, and NO parental support.

Like in the TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who kept her activities from her mother for years (mostly to avoid being sent to an insane asylum, which had been done before), and to protect her mother.

Magdalena, who is now bound to a wheelchair due to a nasty spinal injury, is like the little group's Professor X. She educates, guides and supports the kids; Trickster is the captain, and she is the first one to get into trouble, and usually the last one to get out.

She's a much better fighter than her father and grandfather though, and she fights DIRTY!
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Those are some really cool ideas, Mr.Deathtrap, and good point, her relationship with Robin could make it interesting....really great ideas!
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Lol, Riddlersgurl, you posted your reply like 3 seconds before mine :D
I find it cool that she has some support from her mother. What is her mother's attitude towards the Riddler and Joker?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Magda was once very much in love with Ed, but as time went by, it faded.

Right now, she loves the boy that he used to be, but she isn't too crazy about the villain that he is now.

She loves her father too, but she hates that he threw away a perfectly good career as a hypnotist to become a villain with a clown motif.

She hates clowns, BTW. She had a run in with a creepy clown at a circus performance when she was younger, and refuses to go anywhere near them.

About the only clowns that she would like would the ones in Cirque du Soleil. And that group hasn't formed at that point in history.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Really getting to know the characters!
This seems like a really deep plot, or has the potential for one, are you going to make it an actual fanfic story, or 2 episodes? Or make two episodes, and have 2 more that follow up?