Gotham City...A Lawless Metropolis?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dynamic Duo

Gotham City...A Lawless Metropolis?

Post by Dynamic Duo »

Just wondering if anyone out there would enjoy living in beautiful Gotham City, or not, because it attracts Arch-Villians, Crazed Goons, and other less desirable Creeps and Wack-Jobs? Crime is high..(at least one major crime happens each week) and the police can't function without the Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder! Your thoughts, please?
"Atomic batteries to power...Turbines to speed...."
"Roger...ready to move out!"
Riddlersgurl

Re: Gotham City...A Lawless Metropolis?

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Metropolis has its fair share of crime too, although not on the same scale as Gotham.

Hmmmm....if I had to choose, I'd take Gotham. At least you can fairly predict what's going on with the Arch-Villains; they all have the same agenda. Rip off something valuable, and take out B&R.

Just as long as the Crazed Goons et al stayed away from me. Any trouble and I'd introduce their skulls to a 40lb, all metal sewing machine.

Justifiable homicide, I'd walk away from it.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Even though Gotham seems to attract some....undesirable attention from....less than honorable people, it is to be expected, from what we gather...right? Apparently, Gotham is like a New York City in significance, so it houses some prized items to the world, and from around the world. Super crooks want the big kahuna, so they come to Gotham, hence, having the two super crime fighters to combat the crooks that the important items attract in the significant city :) Don't know if that helps, I didn't even think about it like that till I started typing, it just sorta came out!

I would live in Gotham for sure! Wow, to think that I could even get a glance at the Dynamic Duo if I lived there...I admit, I'd be one of the young girls screaming when they saw Robin, LOL
Do I hear a second, Robin's Girl? :D
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Gotham City is a beautiful,rich city.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gotham needed Batman...it was a krazy town
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Kind of an off-the-wall type of town, but we all love it :D Apparently so did Batman and Robin!
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Aerialprince

Post by Aerialprince »

I think that it would be fun. I'd be able to don the cape and mask myself and maybe fight along side my favorite caped crusaders. :)
Hit up The Batsy Twins on Twitter to see where we will be appearing next with our Bat Bike:
@Thebatsytwins
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

As long as the rent isn't too dire, I'd live there.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I read a comic book story a few years ago that suggested Super Villains only exist because of Super Heroes.

It makes sense. The Riddler, Joker, and Penguin live to outwit Batman. Would they have a reason to exist without him?

MAybe Gotham City would be safer without Batman.
dell

Post by dell »

I'm not a fan of big cities. I'll visit Gotham, but I prefer a small town.
dell