SPOILERS: Just Read Batman 66 Comic #1-Discussion Thread

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

SPOILERS: Just Read Batman 66 Comic #1-Discussion Thread

Post by clavierankh »

Just out today at DC Digital.

Not bad. I'll be interested in what everyone has to say.

Batman 66
Bob

Re: Just Read Batman 66 Comic #1

Post by Bob »

I have not seen it yet. It is fresh or is it just another trip down memory lane ?

I am not sure the 66 fans are comic book type people
Ben Bentley

Re: SPOILERS: Just Read Batman 66 Comic #1-Discussion Thread

Post by Ben Bentley »

I have just quickly taken the liberty if adding "SPOILERS" to the thread title so people can contribute their thoughts on the book without having to worry about giving the game away to other members (like me!) who haven't had chance to read it yet.

I think it would be great if this could be an ongoing thread where we can discuss the new book as it progresses!
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Thanks Ben, Good idea.

The characterization and dialog were certainly evocative of the 66 series. I was a little disappointed with the art work.

I think the story was more like the 66 comic books. More action than wold occur on the show.

It will be interesting to see how it progresses.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Has anyone else read this yet?
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

clavierankh wrote:Just out today at DC Digital.

Not bad. I'll be interested in what everyone has to say.

Batman 66
thanx..but no thanx...i will wait for comic book version !! call me old fashioned?? lol :D
High C

Post by High C »

clavierankh wrote:Has anyone else read this yet?
My computer isn't the fastest so I'm waiting for it to be sold in hard-copy form next week. Intend to reply then.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Issue 2 even more awesome then the first...looking forward to next week! :D
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I must admit, i'm not a big downloader of comics. I'm excited to get my hands on the print edition next week though!

Honestly I thought more people might have chipped into this thread given that this is the first time in a long time that anything has been added to the lore of our beloved show. I'd love to read more members insight into the new comics series-Did you like it? If so why? If NOT then why NOT?
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote:I must admit, i'm not a big downloader of comics. I'm excited to get my hands on the print edition next week though!

Honestly I thought more people might have chipped into this thread given that this is the first time in a long time that anything has been added to the lore of our beloved show. I'd love to read more members' insight into the new comics series-Did you like it? If so why? If NOT then why NOT?
Agreed on all counts. Would be interesting to hear some expand on their yea or nay views. I intend to buy it in hard copy next week, too.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I would love to offer comments, but I'm waiting for the trade paperback in January. :ugeek:

BTW, issue 4 offers appearances by the Mad Hatter and Clock King!
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

I for one love reading digitally. I've never been a fan of the way paper feels and am delighted with the new technology. As far as issue one goes I thought it was a good mix between the show and ideas that couldn't of happened due to budget constraints, I certainly enjoyed it though. Issue two is better, loved the special guest villain appearance this week.:D Still would love to see more planned traps, cliffhangers for the duo, but that may be coming in future issues? Regardless, it's like seeing two old friends in new adventures so for now I'm sold and looking forward to future issues. Happy reading chums! ;)
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Part 1 reminded me more of the Filmation Cartoons with all the action. Part 2 was very in keeping with Batman 66. I could pick a few nite, like how Alfred took the tray to the Batcave, but over all it was pretty good.
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Being a comic book nerd, I am waiting to buy the hard copy and am excited that they're making a Batman 66 comic at all. :D I'm sure I'll have plenty to say once I read it, but for now I'm waiting to buy it first. Then I shall happily read it. (No digitals for me, I want the real thing, haha.) Also, what is this about a tradeback edition? Is there a link to information on that? I'm just curious. :) Also, do we know if Batgirl will appear in this later on? That would be pretty cool. ;)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

For any Siren fans, the writers have said she's going to be in it :)