Looking for interviews with cast from 1966

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfan 66

Looking for interviews with cast from 1966

Post by Batfan 66 »

Hi guys, I've been looking for tv interviews or guest appearances from 1966 with the cast, mainly Adam and Burt, and I've only come across one, with Merv Griffin. It was a lot of fun to watch, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to find more. :D Thanks :D

Here is the youtube link if you want to see the one I found :)
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78vKDqXcYM[/BBvideo]
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
NJ_Batfan

Re: Looking for interviews with cast from 1966

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Thanks for posting this link. I've heard the audio portion before, but seeing the video puts everything in a new light. As the Griffin estate would like to lease these clips, wouldn't they make a great DVD extra? (Are you listening, DVD people?) There should also be an interview with Yvonne Craig in costume among the archives. These interviews would be something that those of us who would support a DVD release haven't seen a zillion times (like the network promos or the Fall 1966 Network Preview reel). ;)

As for more, here's a link to cast interviews conducted in Texas when the 1966 feature opened. It's been posted on the board before, but here it is if you haven't seen it:

http://www.texasarchive.org/library/ind ... rch=batman
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

You're welcome, I was thrilled when I found it, and thanks for the other link! :D If they ever got around to putting the series on DVD, it would be a genius idea to include interviews and things like this as extras! You are absolutely right!! Not putting Batman on DVD must be their idea of a really bad joke, don't you think?
antman67

Post by antman67 »

NJ_Batfan wrote:Thanks for posting this link. I've heard the audio portion before, but seeing the video puts everything in a new light. As the Griffin estate would like to lease these clips, wouldn't they make a great DVD extra? (Are you listening, DVD people?) There should also be an interview with Yvonne Craig in costume among the archives. These interviews would be something that those of us who would support a DVD release haven't seen a zillion times (like the network promos or the Fall 1966 Network Preview reel). ;)

As for more, here's a link to cast interviews conducted in Texas when the 1966 feature opened. It's been posted on the board before, but here it is if you haven't seen it:

http://www.texasarchive.org/library/ind ... rch=batman
I'm still waiting and hoping to see that Yvonne Craig interview TOO!
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
logar2

Post by logar2 »

I'd like to find the appearance that Burt made on the Mike Douglas show in costume. Adam also made an appearance on that show but I don't believe it was in costume.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

I'd like to find the appearance that Burt made on the Mike Douglas show in costume. Adam also made an appearance on that show but I don't believe it was in costume.
Cool, I didn't know about that. I want to see it too...:)
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Hi guys
I happened to run across this too,
thought you might like it
:D :lol:
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbWN3CMzXU[/BBvideo]
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

BURTS appearance on MERV GRIFFIN was in 1974 or there abouy..and yes he was in costume...it wqs a SUPERHERO week..i believe...and DOUGLAS was dressed as BATMAN i believe...would also love to see this again...since i was only 12 at the time !!!!..how about BURTS appearance on .."ITS A FAB,FAB,FAB, WORLD"..also from about 1975 i believe..it was a one shot special i believe ?????
batdom28

Post by batdom28 »

absolutely awesome.. hope they do put that in the bonus features when dvds eventually come out.. fingers crossed
antman67

Post by antman67 »

These lost and found video clips archives are amazing. It'd be an awesome bonus material DVD if they ever come out.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
batgirltoo

Post by batgirltoo »

I would like to see the interview that the cast did in 1997 or 98 that was on the Donnie and Marie show. I have seen that small clip of Adam and Burt but I would have loved to have seen the part with Yvonne and Lee!! I can't find it ANYWHERE!!!!
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

Here's another interview that i'm sure you guys will be interested in. You can thank Al Bigley for finding this.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTmb7AU ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Dear fellow bat-fans,

There's some sort of interview footage up for bid on ebay. Adam from the set, WITH sound! Just figured that I'd lay the word on the board about this. Hope this helps...
exm

Post by exm »

marvelbloodhound wrote:Dear fellow bat-fans,

There's some sort of interview footage up for bid on ebay. Adam from the set, WITH sound! Just figured that I'd lay the word on the board about this. Hope this helps...
"Actor Ernest Borgnine on set"?! Anyone heard that before - I assume it is wildly wrong