Comic Con FUN and Bat news!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

Comic Con FUN and Bat news!

Post by wally wingert »

Gang...Comic Con was ALL about 1966 Batman this year! The bags they hand you when you get your badge have a giant picture of Adam and Burt in costume on them! They were in such high demand I almost didn't get one. In fact, I traded in the bag I had, and got the VERY last Adam and Burt bag on Saturday!! I'm sure there are photos posted everywhere of these amazing bags.

I bought the Mattel Batman Batusi figure, that actually does the Batusi when you press a button on his back!

The line of toys that are yet to be released are amazing, including a Batman and Robin 12" from Hot Toys, and a Batmobile to go with them that's the size of an average kitchen table! BEAUTIFUL!

Speaking of the Batmobile, Entertainment Earth was selling Batmobiles that are about a foot long! HAD to have one!

And I bought a Robin Batarang which is now securely in the hands of Robin in my Planet Wallywood Batcave!

And coming soon...Mattel is making '66 utility belts and Batarangs! It's all finally happening! Now to get those DVDs released!
Attachments
Robin-a-rang.JPG
BatmiteReturns

Re: Comic Con FUN and Bat news!

Post by BatmiteReturns »

IS that a picture of the belt they are selling?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

No that's from Wally's display in his home.
Mattel is making a Batman belt, there is a pic in another thread.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Wally, this probably too much to hope for, but does the Batusi figure play the Batusi music by Nelson Riddle?

John
Music. BAT! Music.
simm

Post by simm »

Batguitarist wrote:Wally, this probably too much to hope for, but does the Batusi figure play the Batusi music by Nelson Riddle?

Yes, it plays the music and there is even a button in the back that you push to make Batman move his arms and do the batusi.
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

I hated missing this Con since '66 Batman was all over the place. I doubt NYCC will be graced by the Batty goodness unless the DVD is announced at that con.

Mike
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Robin looks better equipped with his new accessory Wally! I'd love to see the foot-long Batmobile you bought?!
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

The music it comes with isn't the Riddle music, but a close facsimilie thereof. And the Batmobile is nearly 20" long! Amazing!

The Hot Toys Batmobile has to be at least 36" long!

Here's a shot of the Hot Toys figures. My only complaint? The seam running down the middle of Batman's cowl, and Robin's cape is too short. But all in all, great likenesses!
Attachments
31258-00.jpg
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

And here's the Entertainment Earth Batmobile which will fit the forthcoming 6" figures.
Attachments
EntEarth Batmobile.JPG
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

And here's a lucky guy wearing one of the Warner-issued Batman 66 backpack bags!
Attachments
of=50,533,1355.jpg
of=50,533,1355.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Wow, that's just so cool... Never thought I'd want to buy a Hot Toys anything, let alone a figure, but that Batman, and Robin are just really cool... :D
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The Mattell car looks GREAT!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

wally wingert wrote:The music it comes with isn't the Riddle music, but a close facsimilie thereof
DRAT! I guess this is one reason the DVDs aren't released yet...THE MUSIC RIGHTS. If the actual Nelson Riddle song was with this toy, I'd say great, but I'm disappointed.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

simm wrote:
Batguitarist wrote:Wally, this probably too much to hope for, but does the Batusi figure play the Batusi music by Nelson Riddle?

Yes, it plays the music and there is even a button in the back that you push to make Batman move his arms and do the batusi.
Wally says no, so was it WAS that close that you were fooled!

John
Music. BAT! Music.