Cesar Romero Costume Color?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

redbird

Cesar Romero Costume Color?

Post by redbird »

]In the past week, I've had 2 people ask me the same question about Cesar Romero's Joker costume from the first season. The question was there a GREEN outfit that he wore during the series,and was it later changed to plum? I always thought it was plum/purple based upon the DC Comic book. Did the show's producer create a GREEN Suit Costume for the Joker for the TV series? If so would love to see a photo...
Personally I think someone's pulling my non-humorous leg. Fact or Fiction!
Gothamite

Re: Cesar Romero Costume Color?

Post by Gothamite »

I, for one, didn't ever heard of a green costume made for the Joker. As for the serie, I'm 100 % sure that they never used a green costume on any episode. It's plum from episode 5 to 118 ! ;)
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

As for the costume to be based on the comic book, I think you're right cause as we can see the Joker's Costume is identical...
In fact, I think almost all the Big Four Costumes was based on the comics like Penguin's, ( BTW, this comic book is the one on which episodes 3-4 Fine Feathered Finks / The Penguin's A Jinx was based. In the comic book, Penguin decided to stole the Jeweled Meteorite that we heard a bit about in the episode )
the Riddler's...
...only Catwoman's costume was not based on the comics but a GREEN version of Julie's Costume did make an appearance in a 1967 comic...
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

redbird wrote:The question was there a GREEN outfit that he wore during the series,and it was later changed to plum?
The Joker's costume is green in the show's opening credits, but that's about it.

Speaking of different colors for his costume though, has it ever been explained as to why the
producers chose to make the Joker's costume whatever color it was in the show? Because the Joker's costume has always been light or dark purple.
Kamdan

Post by Kamdan »

I always wanted to see a photo manipulation of The Joker in his purple suit, as opposed to the show's magenta colored suit. Anyone up to the challenge?
redbird

Post by redbird »

Kamdan wrote:I always wanted to see a photo manipulation of The Joker in his purple suit, as opposed to the show's magenta colored suit. Anyone up to the challenge?
How about this 5 minute photoshop workup?
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

Bob Kane liked his villains to wear green as he considered it to be an abnormal color. But as far as I can remember, Joker's outfit was always purple/plum.