Do Batman bloopers exist?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Do Batman bloopers exist?

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Just wondering if people saved bloopers back in the 60s and if any have surfaced anywhere. Also, does anybody have any idea if they put together gag reels for the wrap parties back then? Wouldn't that be great if some of this stuff surfaced on an official DVD release someday, though I wouldn't hold my breath for that. I've seen modern day DVDs that didn't even put known existing gag reels on them because they said they ran out of money and didn't want to pay someone to dig them up :(
John Mack

Re: Do Batman bloopers exist?

Post by John Mack »

It is my understanding that NO blooper reels exist. A real pity because I am sure there were hundreds. As to the reason why none exist, you'll have to wait until someone with more knowledge on the subject responds. A guess....No one thought they'd be important or worth anything. It was a different time back then. I mean, who would have thought that a toy dart gun that sold for 39 cents would be worth $3,000 today? That's a topic for a new thread.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Personally I would like to see the "blooper" where Adam touched a certain part of Yvonne. The look on the crews face had to be priceless.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Batguitarist wrote:It is my understanding that NO blooper reels exist.
Oh, that's so SAD to hear :( I guess there weren't copies of 'dailies' back then that people might have taken home or anything. Bummer! Does this pretty much mean that no bloopers exist of any shows back then?
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

The 1966 Star Trek tv show had bloopers I am sure there are some of our 1966 Batman tv show maybe not sure?? I think Burt Ward and Adam West talked about how they would laugh at each other when they were filming. And they would do take after take 20th Fox should have them not sure that would be so cool if they do!! :) :)
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote:
Batguitarist wrote:It is my understanding that NO blooper reels exist.
Oh, that's so SAD to hear :( I guess there weren't copies of 'dailies' back then that people might have taken home or anything. Bummer! Does this pretty much mean that no bloopers exist of any shows back then?
Get Smart bloopers were included in the Time-Life DVD set and of course that show was the same basic era.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Well, it's good to hear that some bloopers exist from that time period. At least there's a little bit of hope that someday some Batman ones could surface. Did people connected with the show actually say there were no bloopers in existence, like "We burned them all. They will never surface." ?
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Didn't Adam mention once that he had a copy of the blooper where he grabbed Batgirl's private area?
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I was at a Museum of TV and Radio event for the series in 1995. I asked the participants (Adam West, Julie Newmar, Frank Gorshin, Yvonne Craig, and Lorenzo Semple Jr.) about outtake/blooper reels, and Adam said there were some but they have apparently been lost. I also checked the IMDB listings for all ten people listed as editors on the show, since they would probably be the ones who put them together, but they all have either passed away or have no info listed - except for Byron Chudnow, who'd be 87 now if he's still around. It wouldn't surprise me if they turned up in the attic of one of the technical crew.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

ADAM said years ago..there were bloopers out there.... :D ...but they have never surfaced ;) so who knows ?????????? :?:
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

So, there IS hope that blooper reels exist in somebody's grandfather's closet? For example, I remember how the Kirk Alyn Superman serials were thought destroyed in a warehouse fire in the early '50's until they popped up again in the mid-'80's. So there IS hope for that sort'a thing! :)
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

They would be great to see.
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

On the topic of bloopers, I noticed something that seems to approach a blooper in part two of the second-season Egghead episode. It's a scene with Edward Everett Horton as Chief Screaming Chicken, when Bruce arrives too late to deliver the pelts. At the end of the scene, CSC says, "That's the way the wigwam watutsis," and if you watch Stafford Repp, it appears that he tries to stifle a laugh right at the moment the episode cuts to another scene. It's a really fast, blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, so I could be mistaken.

In any event, it would be great to see bloopers from the series. I imagine that there must have been some gems.