Most fun batfight?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatDavidEvanSmith

Most fun batfight?

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

For me I think it's a tie between the originality of the water tower on the Mad Hatter episode, or the rotating bed at Little Louie Groovy's apartment in the Joker/Catwoman partnership episode, where Little Louie Groovy is tallying up the damage they're doing to his apartment and Catwoman is uncharacteristically involved in the fight, smashing a vase over Robin's head, etc.

You have a favorite batfight? Most fun, unique, memorable?
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."
John Mack

Re: Most fun batfight?

Post by John Mack »

Mine would be the one used with the Joker's utility belt, not just because of the streamers etc, but because the Batmusic from it was also on the soundtrack album. My second choice would be the underwater fight in the John Astin Riddler episode.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I can't DECIDE which one's my favorite! I liked ALL the Bat-fights! :) My favorite Bat-fight music was the one where the trombone blared out when the sound effect did. :)

Here's Bat-Fights from Season 1!

Part 1:
http://youtu.be/gDtvkPZRYts

Part 2:
http://youtu.be/x25Ye_HHHUM

And a Batusi dance THEN fight! :)
http://youtu.be/exhNT2_bHs8

I like how Robin seems to really be having fun in the big streamer fight mentioned earlier. Every time he turns around, there's another bad guy to slug, and NONE of 'em seem to really lay a hand on HIM! :lol:

Oh, and I've conversed with FanOfBats in the past, and actually SUGGESTED he put the Bat-fights up like this. He did this some time back, and was thinking about doing the rest, then the cliff-hangers and resolutions. :)
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

What about the egg fight with Egghead?
Bob

Post by Bob »

The "Sandman" fight in the mattress factory or the first fight from "Pop goes the Joker" when Robin landed in the pink goo. Even the "Fine Finny Fiends" was a interesting fight because the stooges just plain beat our hero's up
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Ha! I just found THESE fights on youtube. They're from The Puzzler episodes and have my favorite Bat-fight music, even if the dialogue's in German. ;)

http://youtu.be/fW2Ctvx4ef8
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Bob wrote:The "Sandman" fight in the mattress factory or the first fight from "Pop goes the Joker" when Robin landed in the pink goo
BOTH of the Sandman fights were great, Bob! My wife and I watched them recently on ME-TV, and she loved when the henchman kept bouncing up after Batman hit him into the mattress! :)
clavierankh wrote:What about the egg fight with Egghead?
And I always cracked up with Robin yelling, "HELP!" when Egghead was giving him that egg shampoo! :lol:
Bob

Post by Bob »

YES ! the henchman bouncing on the bed into punch after punch was terrific !

It was even fun that the Sandman and his gang surprised the dynamic duo when they hid in the murphy bed
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I like BatDavidEvanSmith's selection of the fight at Little Louie Groovey's apartment in which, Batman, Robin, Joker, and the four henchmen trashed the place while Catwoman watched and the apartment leaseholder cataloged the damage.

The other Batfight with commentary was between Batman and Robin and Penguin's finks during the mayoral election. Robin drops out early and Penguin bowls his men over with the aid of an umbrella with a boxing glove on the end. As the battle raged, journalists tried to interview the candidates and tallied the falling finks, awarding them to the candidates. "Batman got one," a commentator reported.

Afterward, a dismayed Batman explains, "There were too many of them, but Penguin was knocking them down left and right."

Finally, the fantastic Phantom girls' intervention on the villains' behalf while our heroes battle Chandell's nasty piano movers was hilarious. One of the girls gets between Robin and a thug and the Boy Wonder apologizes for bumping her. She ducks and the bad guy clocks him. She giggles. The Dynamic Duo win despite such underhanded tactics, but the villains swing a gigantic piano roll at them to clobber both.

Mr. Deathtrap

One Batfight which would have been spectacular if it could have been realized as envisioned was the battle between the Dynamic Duo and Black Widow's goons. The bad guys were to have been ducking and dodging through a maze of trap doors and secret passages which was never constructed. Too bad.
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
philigan

Post by philigan »

I like the part one Mad Hatter fight in his second guest appearence, the one with Hattie Hatfield. The fight seemed to go on forever. I loved how everyone just watches.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Yeah, that one was about four minutes long, Philigan. I watched it on FX back in the day, and had it taped. I measured the time, and it came to right about four minutes! Wow... The second one in the Sandman/Catwoman story was also about that long, and so was the King Tut episode where he and his gang found the Bat-Cave.

The fights were ALWAYS my favorite parts of the show, so THAT never bothered me! :lol:
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

From comparing the TV Land versions on youtube to the ME-TV versions, TV Land seemed to cut the bat-fights. ME-TV has more bat-fight, shots that are missing from the cut versions, but I think they speed them up a bit.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Bob wrote:YES ! the henchman bouncing on the bed into punch after punch was terrific !

It was even fun that the Sandman and his gang surprised the dynamic duo when they hid in the murphy bed
That scene always reminded me of how The Three Stooges would always share a bed! :lol:
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

As a kid, I loved the underwater fight from "Batman's Anniversary." Now that I'm older, of course, I see that the physics involved are pretty goony, but I think the big appeal was just the novelty of it all, from the slo-mo to the really terrific and unique-to-this-episode fight music and "Sploosh!"-type sound fx graphics.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

The whole two-parter was FULL of novelties! It had Batman's Anniversary, the jigsaw trap from Riddler's first appearance, and Gomez Adams playing the Riddler! :)