Most fun batfight?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Riddler Fan

Re: Most fun batfight?

Post by Riddler Fan »

To me, the final fight scene in "A Riddling Controversy" in which the villain actually lays some fists on Robin. And the unrepentant hench woman Anna Graham going down kicking and screaming, literally.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Gernot wrote:
Bob wrote:The "Sandman" fight in the mattress factory or the first fight from "Pop goes the Joker" when Robin landed in the pink goo
BOTH of the Sandman fights were great, Bob! My wife and I watched them recently on ME-TV, and she loved when the henchman kept bouncing up after Batman hit him into the mattress! :)
clavierankh wrote:What about the egg fight with Egghead?
And I always cracked up with Robin yelling, "HELP!" when Egghead was giving him that egg shampoo! :lol:
It's even funnier when you hear that the crew basically let that part go on longer than it needed because they had grown tired of Burt Ward's attitude on the set.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I always thought the longer fights were due to "padding", much the same way they'd have drawn out fights in the comics. :)

I DID hear of Burt Ward's attitude problems, of course. Isn't that why Bruce Lee was advancing on Ward in their big fight? :)
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Actually, if I remember correctly from what I read in Eisner's book, Bruce Lee was pretending to be serious/mad with Robin just for fun, and at one point on the set a freaked-out Burt Ward yelled out, "It's just a stage fight!" :lol:

Many of the Batfights were exciting, and I especially liked the ones where Robin would get beat up or hit over the head by a chair. But I'm going in a slightly different direction by saying that the most fun batfight in my opinion was the final batfight in the Batman movie, aboard the ship. I found it interesting and pretty funny how all the henchmen were eventually knocked overboard and everyone kept falling into the water, at one point even Robin! And then it was fun, and funny, to watch them trying to climb back up on board while pulling down the others in their way. I think at one point Batman was even in the water too? I liked seeing Robin fall in and get wet, I always found it humorous when he got "the short end of the stick" in fights. :lol:
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Okay, I didn't know if Bruce Lee was doing it on his own, or if anyone in the crew put him up to it in any way. :)

Here's another Bat-fight that always cracked me up. It's the only one Aunt Harriet took part in, and she even had a sound effect with her hit! ;)

http://youtu.be/-EEyQIAemn0

Here's that fun Riddler underwater fight at the bank, too! :)

http://youtu.be/zsJggLgLaQc

One thing I really liked about the movie's climatic fight scene was how Robin was able to tie up all of the bad guys while they were fighting amongst themselves to get back on the sub! :)
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Lately, I've been having fun pausing my recorded episodes and noticing how some of the fight scenes included more henchmen than we saw in the rest of the episode. The cuts are so quick, compounded by the added special effects, that it was unnoticable to me when I watched the shows growing up.

As for a favorite, I liked the little touches such as Bookworm's men removing their glasses or King Tut's fight in the BatCave.
Turkey Bowinkle

Post by Turkey Bowinkle »

I think it was really funny in "The Contaminated Cowl" when The Mad Hatter threw big bowls of salad on the caped crusaders during the fight at Hattie Hatfield's shindig.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I always liked how Robin took time out of fighting The Hatter's henchmen to brush OFF the salad thrown at him! ;)

And I always thought the extra henchmen were lookouts for Batman and Robin, in case they found the villains' hideout, which they usually did. The lookouts weren't very good at THAT or fighting, usually! ;)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Well it was the 60's...things could be "spacy" and vague. We didn't need the details and we didn't ask "why", we just had fun with it.

I would not fight with salad on my costume either :)