RIP Lyn Peters (aka Lady Prudence)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

RIP Lyn Peters (aka Lady Prudence)

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Lyn Peters, who played the lovely Lady Prudence in the third season Londinium trilogy, died last Tuesday at the age of 72.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thedes ... bLoggedOut

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0676569/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
Attachments
lynpeters.jpg
lynpeters.jpg (22.35 KiB) Viewed 5511 times
elmrgraham

Re: RIP Lyn Peters (aka Lady Prudence)

Post by elmrgraham »

My condolences to her family.May God Bless them.
High C

Post by High C »

Sad news. IMO, she was the best thing about the Londinium eps, by far.

Here's an obit:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a ... rke-630627
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Always sad when news like this comes out. Condolences to her family.

Lyn was married to Paul Burke, the star of two classic 60s TV series, "Naked City" and "Twelve O'Clock High".
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Such sad news - the close ups of Lyn's beautiful face (captured above) in the Londinium episodes struck a chord with me even as a young boy.
A classy lady and strong actor whose talents I'm sure could have been better served in further episodes of the show.
Cheers,
Terry
High C

Post by High C »

Aussie Batfan wrote:Such sad news - the close ups of Lyn's beautiful face (captured above) in the Londinium episodes struck a chord with me even as a young boy.
A classy lady and strong actor whose talents I'm sure could have been better served in further episodes of the show.
Well-said. I think she could have done some bigger roles on a lot of shows in that era had she been given the chance. I wonder if her English accent worked against her, i.e., it was impossible for her to play 'the girl next door.'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

epaddon wrote:Lyn was married to Paul Burke, the star of two classic 60s TV series, "Naked City" and "Twelve O'Clock High".
Lyn's first acting role (according to IMDB) was on Twelve O'Clock High, which is presumably where she first met Burke. That was in 1966, but the two didn't get married until 1979.
60sLover

Post by 60sLover »

Sad news. She was an adorable creature. One of my favourites molls of the show.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Chris Walken was on Naked City too , I believe....anyway RIP.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I always liked her. RIP.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Sad to hear. I have to say - everytime I hear of someone in film or TV passing it makes me suddenly wake up and realize just how much time has passed as a lot of these people seem forever locked in their celluloid images. :shock:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I have long developed a theory of how there is something different about seeing people die who are forever preserved in the prime of their youth in vivid, bright HD quality color as opposed to the days when we would see the stars of the B/W era leave us. It was somehow more acceptable because they just *seemed* like from another era, but those who are from the color era have a perpetual youth to us.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Aussie Batfan wrote:Such sad news - the close ups of Lyn's beautiful face (captured above) in the Londinium episodes struck a chord with me even as a young boy.
Cheers,
Terry
Agreed.

RIP, Lyn Peters.
Beneath Wayne Manor