Audio Burgess Meredith interview about playing The Penguin

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Pengy

Audio Burgess Meredith interview about playing The Penguin

Post by Pengy »

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/452/

If you scroll down a bit you can find an audio clip to an interview with Burgess about playing The Penguin (in fact I think it starts playing automatically once you go on the page). A great little interview and the end part of it is funny.

I'm not sure if it's been posted here before, but I thought I'd post it anyway.
WayneGrayson

Re: Audio Burgess Meredith interview about playing The Pengu

Post by WayneGrayson »

Thanks for the post - I just heard the interview and it was funny, especially when Meredith kept imitating himself doing the quack. I also loved the blog's layout. Nice stuff - I remember 16 Magazine, and was always sending in for those giveaways from which I never profited - I think the last one I sent in for was a contest to win every KISS albums released up to that point :lol: I'm so glad that never happened. :lol: :lol: -
Steve Rosinski

Post by Steve Rosinski »

Great interview. I has read the transcript of that interview before but had never heard Burgess actually speaking it. Thanks!

BTW, in the Bat Stats on that page, it says Adam's birth year was 1934. Was that a little fudging by the studio?
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

That interview was from KRLA's Bat Week back in 1989. The DJ speaking was Humble Harve.

On a side note, among those interviewed during that week was Wally Wingert; among the things he talked about was his very cool song "Adam West."
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Ah I thought it might have been from 1989. They re-released the 1966 movie back then as part of the Batmania and Burgess was there for it along with other actors like Cesar and Julie Newmar.