SPOILERS: Batman '66 Comic #13 (Digital) Discussion

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

SPOILERS: Batman '66 Comic #13 (Digital) Discussion

Post by Scott Sebring »

Well, I have to say that the latest installment of the digital comic for Batman '66 has been my favorite to date. The artwork is done by none other than friend and board member Rubén Procopio. For the first time since this comic started, we have an artist that actually draws the costumes correctly and has a genuine love and reverence for the show. Although the featured villain, Sandman, couldn't be drawn like the portrayal by Michael Rennie, I liked the adaptation Rubén did. Big thumbs up buddy!
batman66_13_a.jpg
AndyFish

Re: SPOILERS: Batman '66 Comic #13 (Digital) Discussion

Post by AndyFish »

Scott beat me to it-- kudos on this one-- got me back into the series!
batfan67

Post by batfan67 »

I've been reading it all along and I agree this was the best so far. It made up for the Joker arc for me.

Mike
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I did like the Sandman episode. I hope part two is in the same vein.

I liked the portrayal of The Madhatter in the previous issue, though the second part became all action and no plot.

It seems strange that Batman didn't know Clock King's real name, wouldn't they know it when they booked him?
erikjestrada

Post by erikjestrada »

I have to admit, the biggest spoiler for me was the talking in the Comissioners sleep about Barbara needing a motorcycle license (hint hint Batgirl?) then having a picture of Babs on his desk. Well all I can say is please don't mess this up and keep true to the TV show. Barbara Gordon was a Brunette and wore a red wig only to guise herself as Batgirl in the series.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Looks interesting. Anyone knows if they´ll release it on paper?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

erikjestrada wrote:Well all I can say is please don't mess this up and keep true to the TV show. Barbara Gordon was a Brunette and wore a red wig only to guise herself as Batgirl in the series.
At the time this was drawn, the likeness license for Yvonne had not gone through yet. I'm sure as the issues catch up with the current state of affairs, Babs will look much more familiar.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

ChAnOoD wrote:Looks interesting. Anyone knows if they´ll release it on paper?
I think this one is due out in mid November
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

So in the latest installment Batgirl gets a solo story battling the Ertha Kitt Catwoman.

Not bad. It's better to do Batgirl that way than try to team her up with B+R.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Line that Batman and Robin are busy in Japan fighting Lord Death Man is a nice homage to the Batman manga series of the 60s. Writer Jeff Parker is doing his research. I just wish he'd push the envelope and not give us stories that are so simple. I'd like some depth here.
batman1984

Post by batman1984 »

these issues sound great , i can't wait to get them, i really do like this Batman Comic Book.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I really wish this series wouldn't devolve so much into the spirit of the third season. I wish we could attempt characterization and stories above the juvenile level. While I've liked a lot of the art, I've only dug part of the stories, the title is just too silly. I wish they took Lorenzo Semples advice he offered to the writers after the pilot to be wary of getting too camp.

I was really hoping this would be a bit more like the best of the first season episodes.