Help Getting Info on an Actor

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

epaddon

Re: Help Getting Info on an Actor

Post by epaddon »

Well it seems to me there could be a more methodical approach to this kind of subject, in which we start with a general list of names we don't know much about and if we can use our ability to perform a Google search to see if there's more ways to find out more about them. It's not, from my own experience very difficult to do that. You just put the name of the person you want to find out more about in quotes (to guarantee you filter out results that separates a first name from a last name) and then come up with a key term like "actor" or something else to accompany it and chances are you'll be successful. If not, then the best resource is http://www.newspaperarchive.com which is a good subscription resource for tracking down old articles on people that ran in lesser known newspapers and while it costs to have access it's generally worth it for serious and fun research projects.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Thank you for this, I appreciate the input. I subscribe to a couple of services that I have had success with, but wasn't aware of newspaperarchive. I'll check it out. And I'm happy to put up a list of names I'm looking for, but I thought that would have been a little presumptuous, to steal a word from my friend High C.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Well a list upfront of the whole package is generally a better idea. There's little purpose waiting for one name to be done before starting another when it's more than managable to do more than one at a time. That's just going from my own experience.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Ok, here are the actors I am currently trying to track down:
Glenn Allen (Herbie from Joker Goes to School)
Tim O'Kelly (Pete from Joker Goes to School)
Jan Watson (model from A Piece of the Action)
Inga Neilson
Diane Farrell (Sally from The Devil's Fingers)
Lisa Mitchell (Miss Natural Resources from Fine Finny Fiends)
Anne Reece (Miss Civil rights from Fine Finny Fiends)
Judy Parker (telephone operator from Nora Clavicle...)
Cindy Ferrare (from The Cat's Meow)
Jeanie Moore (from Catwoman's Dressed to Kill)
Peggy Olson (cashier from Ring Around the Riddler)
Robert Phillips (cellmate from Fine Feathered Finks)
Julie Gregg (Finella from Fine Finny Fiends)
Diana Ivarson (Baby Jane Towser)
Lisa Seagram (Lila from Louie the Lilac)

Well you asked...:)
Thanks!
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I posted a thread on this 2008 Inga Neilsen interview a couple years ago where she summarizes her career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWygoOxFd9E

Julie Gregg stopped acting sometime in the 80s after her career peaked in the early to mid-70s with a part in "The Godfather" and a recurring role on the short-lived TV series "Banyon". This is a 1972 newspaper profile of her at the time of "The Godfather"

As you can see quicker results can come from a more complete list.
Attachments
Gregg-2.jpg
Gregg-1.jpg
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

High C

Post by High C »

And a google search of Lisa Seagram yielded a Google Books result for Tom Lisanti's book, Glamour Girls of Sixties Hollywood: Seventy-five Profiles in which he noted that Seagram left Hollywood in the late 1960s and moved to Italy, where she made mostly Italian movies and then returned to the U.S. in the late 1970s. She founded an acting school in Hawaii in the 1980s and later moved the school and herself back to California.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Epaddon, PM sent
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

In all of my Batman internet searching last year, I remember finding something about Adam West being on Home And Family with a Batmobile, and one of the hosts, Cristina Ferrare, talked about her small part on the Chad And Jeremy episode of Batman. So it turns out that Cindy Ferrare is actually Cristina Ferrare.

Does anybody have a recording of this show that they'd like to share?

Also, in googling around, I came across this page of a book that might be of interest to someone:

http://books.google.com/books?id=mmo0XH ... an&f=false
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Thanks, Gleeps - that's a great help!
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Epaddon, your Youtube link gave me enough clues to track down Inga Neilsen...thanks!
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Just bumping this thread. I've been able to track down two of the people on my list using the information provided so far. Anyone else have any bits of info that may help lead to the others?
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Back to the top: I did a little research on Tim O'Kelly; info on him has been elusive but I think I cracked the case. Here's my posting on his IMDb page message board:
I did a search on the FamilySearch site for Tim O'Kelly and couldn't find anyone with that name whose birthdate was a good match. I then searched under his former wife's name, Evelyn Rudie Bernauer, and found she had married "Timothy P. Wright" on July 26, 1968, and divorced him in December of that year - which matches up with the listing here for Tim O'Kelly. The marriage record said he was 27 years old at the time. I looked up Timothy P. Wright, and found a match: Timothy Patrick Wright, born in Los Angeles March 12, 1941; died in Los Angeles January 4, 1990. His records also list a second marriage to Stephani J. Grigorian on May 4, 1973. I've submitted the info to update his IMDb page. Hope this clears up some of the mystery for his fans.
Not a great deal of info but at least it should clear a few matters up. Too bad he died so young.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Thank you so much for this!
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Interesting! The last credit I could find for him was 'The Boston Strangler' with Tony Curtis (who should've been on Batman) in 1968. After his Batman appearance. But according to IMBD he was born in 1934 & still alive. He must have stop acting in the U.S. after 'Boston Strangler'. Hey, love your profile pic! What year? That's got to be getting near the last year or so when Adam was still appearing 'in cowl'.

(Boston Strangler pic)
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Actor ... 22-231.jpg

(mentions Greg Benedict)
http://tothebatpoles.blogspot.com/2011/ ... 15-16.html

(bio)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0070772/
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!