Say Goodbye to Your Bootlegs!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

RuxieCat121

Re: Say Goodbye to Your Bootlegs!

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I'm not throwing mine away. They have somewhat sentimental value to me. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll buy the official DVDs. I figure that my bf will buy the set himself anyway. No need for two sets lol.

~Heather
Batfan Mike 4260

Post by Batfan Mike 4260 »

Just to show how clueless i was, when I bought my copy of the series a few years ago, I didn't know it was even a bootleg. I got a copy of the Green Hornet series at the same time. I bought from a source that I didn't even think would be selling something outside the norm.

But to answer the orig question....I don't know if I'll trash my "boots" but I will be picking up the officially released set.
Batman1962

Post by Batman1962 »

I might just wait and see what everyone here says about the upcoming set before I decide what to do :-)

I picked up my boots about 5 years ago and was disappointed; although the ad claimed they were "uncut", they obviously were, and had the TV station watermark prominently in the corner. However, they also had Batman-themed station breaks, Adam West appearing in a few of them, so that was fun to have. So... you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have... :lol:
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

My guess would be the "in color" bumpers and next week villain teasers. Speaking of which, will these make it to the set this fall?
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

No matter what, I'm keeping my various sets of bootlegs. Right in my Bellagio-Italia Binder. They don't take up that much space!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I will only keep my boots if there's the slightest sign of episode content edited. But because Warners is handling the release, I am confident we will have seen clearances on everything, and that we'll even see Lesley Gore's second music number restored.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

epaddon wrote:I will only keep my boots if there's the slightest sign of episode content edited. But because Warners is handling the release, I am confident we will have seen clearances on everything, and that we'll even see Lesley Gore's second music number restored.
I hope you're 100% right but I'm not as confident as you.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I've got no affection for mine, and I'm confident WB will handle the releases with the best source material. The colors on the prints they're using (that I've seen) are outstanding, rich full color, which is one of the factors that made the show so popular in the first place.

Should be hearing a release date and MSRP soon.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I wonder what, if any, special features will be available? It would be great if they included the original shooting scripts in some form on the discs, especially the early versions and treatments, though I don't know if that would be at all realistic and doable.
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I was wondering about special features as well. Would there be interviews with the main cast and/or guest stars? Behind the scenes footage? Costume design? Most tv shows from back then don't have such features as DVDs with bonus content did not exist back then. My claws are crossed for some kind of goodies though.

~Heather
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Phil B wrote:
epaddon wrote:I will only keep my boots if there's the slightest sign of episode content edited. But because Warners is handling the release, I am confident we will have seen clearances on everything, and that we'll even see Lesley Gore's second music number restored.
I hope you're 100% right but I'm not as confident as you.
I'd note that Warner Video, whenever they have released a title, have always made sure all clearances have been taken care of. There are a LOT of TV series Warner has not yet released under their control due to music clearance problems, and unlike CBS/Paramount and other studios, they don't put out a series with edited content.
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

I have video that I taped off FX I believe. They are pretty well cut up though. Would LOVE to have a set from the masters. I am sure they wont be as cut up as the rest. None of mine have the tags etc.

Dave ^V^
Serving Gotham since 1939
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

well, I have VHS tapes of all episodes that I recorded off TV Land back in the late 80s... I also have the "Masters" Studio set and the "TV Land Canada" Set(which has pretty good color compared to the 'Masters' Set...

As to whether I will throw them out or not, thats to be determined based on what we get from the official release.

It would be nice for me to get rid of them, but what if we got edited cut shows???? I draw the line there...