Yvonne and The Legend of the Superheroes

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Aussie Batfan

Yvonne and The Legend of the Superheroes

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Hi guys,
Not sure if anyone has any answers to this question...
I was looking at the cast and characters in the Legend of the Superheroes show, and it just occurred to me if Yvonne was approached to reprise Batgirl alongside Adam and Burt. Surely the producers would have tried...
She had done the PSA Equal Pay ad a few years beforehand, and although the 'Superheores' script was poles apart from that venture(!!), she was obviously not adverse to playing the role again...
Anyone got any ideas??

PS When I also looked at the PSA ad on Youtube, I also wondered where the Batman costume came from that Dick wore (particularly the cowl - which was still in OK shape and not deteriorating to the purple hue)?
Questions! Questions!!

Cheers all,
Terry
AndyFish

Re: Yvonne and The Legend of the Superheroes

Post by AndyFish »

I'd guess that like BACK TO THE BATCAVE she got a look at the script first and opted out. Even as a 9 year old I groaned thru the LEGENDS show, and I think I barely sat through the ROAST. I think Adam and Burt, who had resigned themselves to making a living via personal appearances were just anxious to work again and had hopes that the NBC specials might have led to a series.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Holy Sid and Marty Kroft! She was quite correct to sit that one out. I just remembered it first hand as a pretty stupid special, then I saw an excerpt on You Tube and couldn't even sit through it in its entirety.

Oh, what a vast wasteland of telly we were all subjected to in the 70's - this, KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park, the Star Wars Holiday special - THE BRADY BUNCH VARIETY HOUR!!!!!!
BatBomba

Post by BatBomba »

I hate those voice-over laughs... it ruins the experience to me.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Adam's cowl was terrible in the Legends shows. I know the story behind it sticking out like that from Wally, BUT really? No one said anything before filming?

ANDY: Can you blame her? I'd have had nothing to do with either of those shows.

John
Music. BAT! Music.