The best of the worst

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Riddler Fan

The best of the worst

Post by Riddler Fan »

We've all discussed who some of our least favorite villains and villainesses were. But I was thinking, is there some (pardon the term) good that came out of the lamest of the lame Bat-Villains? Was there something about their death trap, their plot or their hench-persons that you liked? Let's try to make some lemonade out of lemons.
dell

Re: The best of the worst

Post by dell »

Well, there was... no, that was rather lame. How about... no, that was downright silly. Hmmm.. going to have to think about this one...
dell
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

Gee, I didn't think this was such a hard topic.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Well, not a specific plot or villain, but my contribution to this thread would be that lot of the third season is kind of bad, but we got Batgirl out of it, and I do like Batgirl.
Batguy

Post by Batguy »

I thought the Dr. Cassandra plot had potential if it was in the hands of one of the "big 3" villains. Even if she broke them out of the pen, I can't see the egos of the super criminals allowing a nobody to command them to commit crimes. As to the Alvino Ray gun, I think it should still have gotten Robin and/or Batgirl but Batman should have used his Batarang to knock it from the criminals hand who would have left it to avoid be captured. That way instead of having a Bat 3D restoring cabinet conveniently in the Batcave, Batman could have used his brains to reverse engineer the gun and restore Robin and/or Batgirl. Considering the budget crunch they had with this episode, I thought it was a clever change of pace to have the bat fight in the dark.

As an aside, while I didn't consider Ma Parker lame, I thought that episode's plot would have been a much better fit for False Face who could have placed his men on the inside after disguising himself as Warden Creighton.