Fox and Warner: massive erasing on Youtube

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

60sLover

Fox and Warner: massive erasing on Youtube

Post by 60sLover »

Fox and Warner began to remove the videos of the Batman series from Youtube, an example is this account that uploaded all the first season in high quality image:
https://www.youtube.com/user/batman66fanpage
elmrgraham

Re: Fox and Warner: massive erasing on Youtube

Post by elmrgraham »

Why would they do that?
dell

Post by dell »

Batman, like most TV shows, is copyrighted and owned by someone. Putting these shows up on Youtube is allowing people to see it for free against the owner's wishes.

This site doesn't allow people to provide links to those sites for that reason. Fortunately, Batman will be available for purchase soon and you can watch them anytime you want.
dell
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I think we're just a short time away from the DVDs being on sale!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
60sLover

Post by 60sLover »

So, the declaimed "public domain" by the people that sells bootleg copies are nonsense???
BatBomba

Post by BatBomba »

elmrgraham wrote:Why would they do that?
Because it's right and legit. They own the series, and it is gonna be released on HD quality. They are spending their money to deliver a product.

We must praise them for their efforts.
60sLover

Post by 60sLover »

"We must praise them for their efforts."

Praise??? A little "overacted" for me...! Where were these people 20 or 25 years ago when we began to pray for the series??
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

These "people" you refer to are the ones who FINALLY made it happen. It's the people before that made us wait so long. To a large degree, the time & technology is just right - we should get a product that is very high quality.

Hopefully, there is enough archived interviews with stars who've passed on included in the extras.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
dell

Post by dell »

60sLover wrote:So, the declaimed "public domain" by the people that sells bootleg copies are nonsense???
Absolutely. I couldn't find a definitive answer on the length of the original copyright, but everything I saw said it is at least 70 years. And copyrights can be extended (or even reinstated if expired) if the owners want to do that.
dell
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I also think "praise" is over-the-top. They're just delivering a product.

As per youtube, I was surprised to see so many episodes gone but it makes sense they'd remove them. I wonder how detailed this release will be...commentaries? Scripts? Storyboards? Concept art? Interviews?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I was surprised so many were up there to begin with.
I agree, it's Warner's right to remove these, while they were not available commercially I think they should be fair game, even if legally that's nonsense, but now that they are being released shut down all the bootleggers.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

It's kind of a shame they got taken down right now. I was just about to start comparing the youtube ones to what airs on MeTV since the youtube ones look to maybe be the ones some of you are talking about that were taken from the masters since they started with the ABC logo. MeTV doesn't seem to cut as much as some other versions I've seen on youtube (TV Land, etc) and so I was wondering if there were little pieces in these "master" copies that weren't on MeTV.

Oh well. Too late now.
BatBomba

Post by BatBomba »

60sLover wrote:"We must praise them for their efforts."

Praise??? A little "overacted" for me...! Where were these people 20 or 25 years ago when we began to pray for the series??
WELL, they are scanning the series on 4K, which is the best and most expensive way to preserve a film product. They are surely working on hours and hours of extras as well. They are not going for the cheap route, so I would say they deserve our PRAISE.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

At the same time, I appreciate the people who uploaded episodes to youtube for everyone to enjoy while the proper episodes languished.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I think it's great that they're cleaning house. It's a sign that the real product is definitely coming. Accept No Bat-Substitutes!