Batman's costume - Practical or not?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Bob

Re: Batman's costume - Practical or not?

Post by Bob »

I it was pratical, I would not watch
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Would you say the same thing about Emma Peel? Those catsuits weren't practical, yet people watched her prance about in them for years.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Riddlersgurl wrote:Would you say the same thing about Emma Peel? Those catsuits weren't practical, yet people watched her prance about in them for years.
My friend has one of those catsuits and found them very comfortable with great mobility.
But alas, this thread is about Batman so let's stick to that.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Okay then how about Catwoman's suit? That fabric looked to itchy as all heck on screen, and don't get me started on the booties!

Dancers, as a rule, have to be very careful of their feet, and yet the costume people stuck her into those high heeled, teeter totter heels?

It's very easy to break an ankle or leg in those, (which is why I avoid them), not to mention the pointy toes will end up deforming your own toes, even with padding!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Riddlersgurl wrote:Okay then how about Catwoman's suit? That fabric looked to itchy as all heck on screen, and don't get me started on the booties!

Dancers, as a rule, have to be very careful of their feet, and yet the costume people stuck her into those high heeled, teeter totter heels?

It's very easy to break an ankle or leg in those, (which is why I avoid them), not to mention the pointy toes will end up deforming your own toes, even with padding!
Not itchy when lined or an under suit is worn according to my wife and others who have actually worn them. The heels are shorter kitten heels as opposed to the teeter totter high ones you claim them to be although a wedge would be a bit more practical. Ginger Rogers had to work with WAY worse.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They look teeter totter on screen; maybe it's due to how skinny the heel is.

I have to admit; even though I am a woman, I know nothing about women's shoes as I always wear something comfortable instead of fashionable.

So, I can't tell the difference between a kitten heel and a Louis heel.

And I feel sorry for poor Ginger. Those shoes must have been murder.