Which Episode Are You Looking Forward To Most On DVD/BR?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Yellow Oval

Which Episode Are You Looking Forward To Most On DVD/BR?

Post by Yellow Oval »

I thought I'd see which episode my fellow members are most looking forward to finally seeing in all its full glory. Granted we can all say we're there for the entire series, but is there one episode you watched thinking "I wish I could see this in its full and proper presentation"?

For the record, 'The Joker Is Wild/Batman Is Riled' is the one I want to see the most. Half because I'm a Joker fan, half for his absolute malevolent portrayal in this one, and half because upon recent viewing I noticed in a lot of the shots the reason it looks like Cesar is clean shaven is because his moustache was well-trimmed and not as bushy as in later episodes. (By the way, math wasn't my strongpoint! :lol: ) The is the closest to the actual Joker look Cesar came. I still loved everything he did in all following episodes, though. The other thing about this epsiode is watching the incredible Nancy Kovack! Ei-yi-yi! :shock: She was my favorite in all things '60s and '70s. (Y'know...for my money, the actresses today just don't hold a candle to the beautiful, classy women back then.)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
bat lugosi

Re: Which Episode Are You Looking Forward To Most On DVD/BR?

Post by bat lugosi »

Without a doubt It's 'The Purr-Fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time'

Not my favorite Catwoman episode, unlike the gang here I prefer the Bat/Cat flirtation and weird romance they have. It's maybe my third favorite Catwoman episode and has some of the best atmosphere in the series IMO, the highlight being Catwoman's Cat-lair.

During Christmas morning of 1982 at the age of 6 I opened up the view-master reels from these episodes and this was my very first exposure to the Adam West Batman, and I was hooked.

Not taking care of my things as a kid I lost them, but I remember that feeling of looking at them for the first time, I can almost taste it. Last Christmas my wife found them online and put them in my Christmas stocking. I was so impressed by the look of the reels, the vibrant colors and yet dark film noir lighting reminded me of seeing them for the first time.

So when I heard that my favorite show was being released on DVD those view-master reels were the first thing I thought of. I am going to experience the show with those dark shadows, that vibrant color. My hope is that the DVDs will give me that feeling I felt at 6 years old, a feeling my old fuzzy VCR tapes and washed out bootlegs can't give me.

I'm also really looking forward to:

Season one:
Hi Diddle Riddle/Smack in the Middle
Fine Feathered Finks/The Penguin's a Jinx
The Joker Is Wild/Batman Is Riled
A Riddle a Day Keeps the Riddler Away/When the Rat's Away the Mice Will Play
The Joker Goes to School/He Meets His Match, the Grisly Ghoul
True or False-Face/Holy Rat Race

Season 2:
( sorry, to me the Catwoman episodes were the best season 2 had to offer, but otherwise I love the Green Hornet and Kato episode)
That Darn Catwoman/Scat! Darn Catwoman
Catwoman Goes to College/Batman Displays His Knowledge
A Piece of the Action/Batman's Satisfaction
The Cat's Meow/The Bat's Kow Tow
Hot Off the Griddle/The Cat and the Fiddle
A Piece of the Action/Batman's Satisfaction

Season 3:
The Wail of the Siren
Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin
Ring Around the Riddler
Surf's Up! Joker's Under

I Can't wait!
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

All of Penguin's episodes. I can't wait to see Burgess waddling around on my HD TV.
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

First ones off the top of my head were the first Mr. Freeze/George Sanders episodes, and secondly the first Joker episodes. Love the Pagliacci bit. Then, of course the first season Riddler shows.
The trigger: one of my riddles!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Nora Clavicle...can you just imagine those wind-up mice on DVD? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Shame on you, John! Now I'm going to have nightmares about wind-up mice. LOL.

It'd be great to see any of the episodes in all of their original glory, but I've always liked the Catwoman episodes the best.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I'm very interested in "That Darn Catwoman / Scat, Darn Catwoman" to see if Lesley Gore's "Maybe Now" is missing or not.
If this is the only edit, though, I could live with it. But only just.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

HORNET episode,,,,PUSSYCAT episode...just to name a couple
VABatfan

Post by VABatfan »

I was born in 1973, so I have never seen the complete episodes. So I am just going to say all of them.
Edward Nigma

Post by Edward Nigma »

The episodes that spring to mind immediately are the Catwoman/Sandman episodes. There are some intriguing lighting effects in those episodes (mostly involving Catwoman's lair) that should look incredible in high definition.

More generally, I'm looking forward to seeing the colors truly "pop" as if a Pop Art painting from the period had sprung to life. In particular, I'm hoping that the costumes for the Joker, the Penguin and the Riddler really jump off the screen.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

The Black Widow episodes, mostly for the lair/giant web and those super-realistic :o spiders!
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Batguitarist wrote:Nora Clavicle...can you just imagine those wind-up mice on DVD? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
Haha true say! Thinking about it some of those season three sets will look even worse - especially if there will be a Blu-Ray release! But heck, that is part of the charm! :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing my favourite episodes; "The Purr-Fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time". Catwoman's lair in this will look fantastic on DVD quality also.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I'm mostly looking forward to the Joker-Penguin three-parter. I had a crush on Venus waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, and I was frightened as a boy by the giant clam! :)
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The Clock King episodes.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Edward Nigma wrote:The episodes that spring to mind immediately are the Catwoman/Sandman episodes.
And I thought I was the only one! Still my favorites. Now I'll get a better look at all those doodads in Sandman's coat that weren't used, and maybe figure out how the stethoscope worked.

Second fave: "Death in Slow Motion"/"The Riddler's False Notion" (just to be fair to you, Edward :lol:)
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."