Penguin's Sub!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Yellow Oval

Penguin's Sub!

Post by Yellow Oval »

From Roddy McDowell's home movies during filming of 1967's Planet of the Apes. 20th Century Fox Ranch at Malibu Creek State Park. The blue sky background tarp is at 9:16 and the sub is right after. It's only the top half of a submarine hull and the water tank in front of the tarp looks empty - for obvious reasons being almost a year after filming the 1966 Batman movie. The penguin bird can be seen in front of the sub's tower.
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5L-mDH7TcY[/BBvideo]

The Bookworm finds the Penguin's Sub and is a year too late to join the United Underworld! :P
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
John Mack

Re: Penguin's Sub!

Post by John Mack »

Yellow Oval, THIS IS SO BEYOND WORDS!! I JUST CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!

I BOW TO THEE IN AWE :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

John
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

Really cool find Yellow Oval. Well worth a look for all Batfans.
dell
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Great BTS stuff, thanks for finding and thanks for sharing.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Found it in higher definition here:
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGbQVXNP_I[/BBvideo]
Managed to grab a still image of the sub and tweaked the brightness and contrast a bit... too bad it's a copy of a video transfer to begin with:
Here's a bonus for you Green Hornet fans: remember the airliner from the "Crime Wave" episode?
It's the DC-6 mocked up to look like a jetliner from the 1964 movie Fate is the Hunter.
Thanks for the heads-up, Yellow Oval!
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Excellent screen captures, chrisbcritter! :)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Great eye you got there haha! That is a really fun piece of obscure trivia, fantastic!
eewdoc

Post by eewdoc »

So that's where criminals store their pre-atomic submarines after they've been captured!