NEW NEWS!!! Batman back on tv

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jaws63

NEW NEWS!!! Batman back on tv

Post by Jaws63 »

I get home from work the other day, my brother tells me he read an article that a new Batman tv series is being made. He didn't know much about it except that it's called "Gotham" and the story arch is that of a prequel much like "Smallvile"

I did a google search on "Gotham " and sure enough... FOXnetwork is set to air "Gotham" so far...casting includes Jim Gorden(Ben Mckensie), Ozwald Cobblepot-Penguin(Robin lord Taylor), and Alfred(Sean Pertwee). The pilot is suppose to be exec. produced by the one who produced "CSI"(can't think of his name off hand)...so this should be pretty good.

With a WB produced program being aired on FOX, It makes me wonder. Could the legal entanglements reguarding Batman been ironed out for the purpose of putting this NEW show on the air?...If so, the release of our 66 show was an added perk to this. As another poster pointed out, were probably looking at a fall release.

Are the pieces of the this complex puzzle slowly falling into place?
High C

Re: NEW NEWS!!! Batman back on tv

Post by High C »

Actually, I believe this show is more about Jim Gordon than Batman, but I could be wrong.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I dont think it's related to the '66 show rights at all-- this has been in development for about ten years, then it stalled out with the first Nolan film and now it's back. Didn't watch Smallville, won't watch this, but to each his own.
High C

Post by High C »

Jaws63 wrote:I get home from work the other day, my brother tells me he read an article that a new Batman tv series is being made. He didn't know much about it except that it's called "Gotham" and the story arch is that of a prequel much like "Smallvile"
Too bad it wasn't called 'Smallvile.' :lol:

That show went so long without Clark Kent becoming Superman I think he qualified for AARP benefits before he landed that gig at the Daily Planet. ;)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Ooooooh! BURN!

That was a good one!

It might be interesting to see how Sean Pertwee handles the part of Alfred, but Robin Taylor as Penguin? THAT is going to be a heckuva job! Have they shown what he's going to look like? I sincerely hope that they move past the mutated pervert that was Danny DeVito, and give him some CLASS!!!

Really sharp and spiffy looking; minus the spats and cigarette holder. Smoking is passé.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

This show will not have Batman in it at all, strictly James Gordon and the villains of Gotham.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

you are partially correct...BATMAN will be back on our T,V.s !!!!!!!!but through our BLU-RAY & D.V.D players.when the "66" series is released... :D ..sorry don't mean to rain on your parade !!! but i also do not much care for the supposed "NEW ? " BATMAN series...as i never watched SMALLVILLE either... :roll:
High C

Post by High C »

I hope if this show succeeds somebody finally greenlights O'Hara: The Early Years.

Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

I do believe Batman will be in this series 'kinda sorta'. One of the first cases the young Gordon will investigate is the murder of a certain millionaire and his wife, and there is some interaction with their young boy ;) . Supposedly he will be a regular on the series.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

To the poster who said he thought he was raining on my parade I say... let it rain, I want the responses and thoughts.

I too never cared for 'Smallville" ...I think I caught maybe a handful of episodes. This is not the way to watch the series, that's apart of the problem. Any storylines that are pre-Superman are interesting but can be abit cumbersome, atleast "Gotham" has built in substance in being a police crime drama.

The article I read, say's Gorden has a love interest(ironically going by the name of Barbera), Ozwald Cobblepot is this mobster like character who's a master chess player, and yes...young Bruce Wayne has a pivotal roll in this(without Bruce, Alfred's part makes no sense).

I might be willing to give this show a chance.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I have no interest in this, but if it starts getting a following, I may have to change my mind.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I may look at it and see if it's to my liking. Smallville was like Clark Kent meets Dawson's Creek, so that didn't interest me at all.
Batfan Mike 4260

Post by Batfan Mike 4260 »

High C wrote:I hope if this show succeeds somebody finally greenlights O'Hara: The Early Years.
Laughed out loud!!