Cut scenes from pilot?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: Cut scenes from pilot?

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I don't think they ever said that the Commissioner or Pauline were meant to forget that they'd been to the Batcave, which I guess means that the Batnesia gas hadn't been invented yet. I don't know why it was different with Lidia Limpet, though Pauline didn't seem completely awake either, but they did tell Pauline where she was.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Batman didn't mind if selected visitors knew they were in the Batcave, he only wanted to make sure they didn't know how they got there, how to find it again, or how to tell anyone else where it was. Administering batsleep spray before taking someone to the Batcave (and again before taking them away), so that they dozed through the journey, made sure they couldn't find their way back.

The batnesia gas was needed because Tut found the cave on his own, and Batman needed to ensure he wouldn't be able to do so again.

Cheers,

QQ
batsman

Post by batsman »

Jaws63 wrote:As pointed out on another "cut scenes" thread we had, there is a scene where Riddler and the gang are all going down into the manhole just as someone is walking past. The camera shot only shows the persons shoes, and doesn't notice the manhole being covered beneath his feet. This scene I believe comes somewhere between when one of Riddler's gang members teases Molly about fitting in the manhole and the narration of "what are the fiendish Riddler and the molehill mob up to now", this a cut. One of those batless batspins was edited in...in place of this cut scene.
If the scene Jaws63 describes exists, someone might have a copy of it.

Is the cut scene part of the same print which has the Dozier narration at the beginning?

If anyone has a screen cap please post!