Favorite Batmobile?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AndyFish

Re: Favorite Batmobile?

Post by AndyFish »

If you're talking comics-- I love the 1940s and 1950s Batmobiles-- but if you're talking live action there is only one Batmobile in my opinion-- the 1966. The rest of them are just pale imitations.
Meule

Post by Meule »

I'll admit the Barris Batmobile isn't the most practical, but it's definitely the coolest
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

I am prejudiced here, and I will play Devil's Advocate, but my favourite live-action "Batmobile" would be the 1968 Ford Thunderbird used in Batman 1969.

Seriously, though I know the 1966 Batmobile has that special quality that holds up after almost 47 years!
Attachments
1968 Ford Thunderbird used in "Batman 1969"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

On screen, there is only one Batmobile that matters. In the comics, too, but it's a different one. I give you the Batmobile of 1950. (Considering my screen name, this should come as no surprise)

"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Catfan,

I had no idea what Batman 1969 was. I just checked it out. I'll stick with George Barris' timeless rolling marvel! ;)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
BULKY BAT

Post by BULKY BAT »

Hey Catfan, I had to post after I saw your pics. Now of course my favorite Batmobile is the '66, as a matter of fact I'm building one right now. But the reason I'm posting is because my second favorite Batmobile is my 68 Thunderbird! I thought that was pretty cool when I saw that, because you just don't see that style Tbird around much. I think it is highly underrated. Cool to see your car!
BULKY BAT

Post by BULKY BAT »

Catfan, just curious, what color is that 68 Bird in your video?